You will undertake complex technical management as part of the Arboriculture team that will require a detailed understanding of relevant Arboriculture processes, regulations and legislation.
- To undertake proactive and reactive inspections of Council Highways, Assets, Parks, Woodlands and privately owned trees and provide comprehensive technical reports and works specifications where necessary.
- To inform and advise Specialist Arboriculture Officers of tree conditions and tree diseases.
- To identify defects and propose recommendations for actions in line with the category of defect and risk, to reduce the risk to the council and others.
- To advise contractors appointed to carry out arboricultural works.
- To provide Arboricultural surveying services to all departments of Westmorland and Furness Council
You will be able to demonstrate:
- Hold a recognised arboriculture qualification to Level 2/3 or equivalent.
- Working to/ or member of a national organisation (i.e. The Arboriculture Association Technical/Professional Member).
- Knowledge/ member of Quantified Tree Risk Assessment (QTRA) or willingness to undertake.
- Relevant practical experience in arboriculture.
- Experience in ICT skills and Microsoft packages.
- Ability to identify trees and diagnose injury, disease, decay, structural defects and associated risks.
- Ability to work unsupervised and to meet deadlines and targets.
- Ability to communicate well at all levels both verbally and in writing and Proven ability in decision making with minimum supervision
What can we offer you!
- Excellent training and development offers
- Flexible working opportunities
- Opportunity to join the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Boost your pension with Shared Cost Additional Voluntary Contributions (facilitated by AVC Wise)
- Various perks and discounts schemes, including money off your phone contract and local gyms
- Competitive rates of pay
Please read the Supporting Information:
To apply please click the Apply Now link below.