We are seeking an experienced and dedicated person to lead our team undertaking safety inspections & condition surveys of the council’s highway network.
Who we are looking for
The ideal candidate will have experience of working within Highways undertaking safety and condition inspections and will have an excellent knowledge relating to highways claims. This is an exciting opportunity to work in the new council of Westmorland and Furness covering the whole council area.
This will involve:
- Leading a team of Highways Condition officers undertaking routine safety inspections and condition surveys on the highway network.
- Taking a strategic overview of the work and procedures of the Highways Condition and Safety Inspection team.
- Providing a centre of expertise and advice on all matters relating to Safety Inspection and 3rd party claims on behalf of the Council.
- Ensuring a culture of performance, safety and quality is embedded across the Highways service and provide support to others to ensure this is managed effectively.
- Providing support to the overall highway service and ensuring compliance with all quality and service standards.
For further details or an information discussion about the role please contact John Ingle the Highways Asset manager on:
This role does not require a DBS check
What can we offer you!
Excellent training and development
Flexible working opportunities
Opportunity to join the Local Government Pension Scheme
Boost your pension with Shared Cost Additional Voluntary Contributions (facilitated by AVC Wise)
Various perks and discounts schemes, including money off your phone contract and local gyms
Competitive rates of pay
Please read the Supporting Information:
To apply please click the Apply Now link below.