We are looking to recruit a technician to join our Traffic & Road Safety Team with responsibilities for :
- The assessment of requests from Local Members, Statutory bodies and the general public for traffic measures and if considered appropriate the identification, design and preparation of traffic management schemes.
- The design and issue of all types of signing and lining schemes, and improvements, in accordance with appropriate regulations and specifications in compliance with Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2002.
- Area Traffic Calming, Safer Routes to School, Pedestrian Facilities, Local Safety Schemes, Cycling Facilities, Bus Priorities, Small Scale Traffic Management and Pedestrian Facilities and Parking Schemes (including revenue funded Parking Schemes).
- Drafting and processing of traffic regulation orders under the Road Traffic Regulation Act and record keeping and maintenance of the associated databases and filing systems.
- Other tasks as described on the Job Specification.
Want to Know More?
If you would like to know more about the role, the recruitment process or working for Wakefield Council feel free to contact Anthony Finney.
Tel: 07721 020710
Traffic Technician JD.pdf
To apply please click the Apply Now link below.