A great opportunity has arisen at Westmorland and Furness Council within our Legal Team for a Senior Lawyer to lead on the Council’s planning and highways work.
To be a success in our Legal Team you will have experience as a Planning and Highways Lawyer and have extensive knowledge in:
- Preparing for hearings and inquiries
- Dealing with planning appeals
- Leading on completion of S106 Agreements
- Advising at Planning Committees
- Highways and associated Agreements
- Planning Enforcement
You will be a strong team player with a proven track record of delivering to deadlines, have effective communication skills and be able to use sound judgement to solve problems. You will be used to working in a busy pressurised environment and will enjoy a challenge. A commitment to delivering the best possible service for the benefit of our residents and clients, is required. You must have good IT literacy skills and an ability to use electronic publications for the purpose of legal work and research are critical.
Other duties will include dealing with a range of matter including providing advice to officers and elected members, attending Council Planning Committees and working groups as required.
What can we offer you!
- Excellent training and development offers
- Flexible working opportunities
- Opportunity to join the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Boost your pension with Shared Cost Additional Voluntary Contributions (facilitated by AVC Wise)
- Various perks and discounts schemes, including money off your phone contract and local gyms
- Competitive rates of pay
To apply please click the Apply Now link below.