An opportunity exists in the Council’s Street Scene Services for a Street Cleansing Driver / Operative (Pavement Sweeper) working from our depot at South Kirkby.
What will be expected from me?
The post holder will be part of a Street Scene Team to deliver a high quality citizen focused Street Scene service within a neighbourhood in Wakefield districts, which delivers safer and stronger communities by improving environmental quality and increasing the sense of community pride in neighbourhoods.
What I might be doing?
- You will be working within recognised safe systems and in accordance with all aspects of health and safety legislation.
- You will be responsible for high standards of maintenance sweeping of paths.
- You will carry out daily inspection of vehicles, equipment and personal protective equipment, to ensure it is in good working order before use.
- You will be working as part of a Street Cleansing Team for a Geographical area of the district.
- Driving License category C1 + E.
- Driver CPC qualification
- To hold or obtain within two years of appointed and NVQ Level 2 or equivalent in Street Cleansing
- A sound knowledge of operating plant, tools and equipment in a relevant environmental / amenity work.
What can I expect?
- This is a full-Time post of 37 hours per week.
- 26 days of Holidays plus 8 Bank Holidays.
- Support and ongoing training.
- Discounted and subsidised public transport (Arriva Bus Annual Travel Ticket, Northern Trains Limited (NTL), MetroCard)
- The Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- Great range of benefits including discounted membership to our excellent leisure facilities with free 12 weeks exercise program with a dedicated personal trainer, discounts for a range of retail, entertainment, health and leisure providers, cycle to work scheme and many more.
Want to Know More?
If you would like to know more about the role, the recruitment process or working for Wakefield Council feel free to contact Pete Unwin.
Tel: 01977 723732
GS5961 002 Street Cleansing Driver Operative (Pavement Sweeper) 09 05 16.pdf
To apply please click Apply Now link below.