We are looking for two assistant engineers to be part of our Highways Network Management Team.
What will be expected from me?
The post will support senior engineers covering a range of duties within the Highway Operations team ensuring the delivery of large value capital programmes are delivered in a cost effective/efficient manner across the highway network, both safely and on time
What will I be doing?
- Provide technical support/site designs/working drawings to specification
- Assist in the commissioning of term contractors and make certain works are coordinated - minimising disruption to all road users within the District
- Scheme monitoring including financial reporting and management of scheme records
- To assist in customer consultations and providing advice to Councillors, committees, public inquiries, other services and members of the public
Why Wakefield Council?
- We are a leading Council for best practice and an employer of choice for individuals seeking a rewarding role and career.
- We offer a flexible full-time working pattern of 37 hours per week
- 29 days of Holidays plus 8 Bank Holidays.
- Support and access to high-quality training offers to help progress your career to the next level.
- We are committed to supporting the wellbeing of our staff and we recognise that resilient Team need a good work/life balance as well as supportive leadership and support in the workplace.
- Access to a range of employee support products.
- Discounted and subsidised public transport (Arriva Bus Annual Travel Ticket, Northern Trains Limited (NTL), MetroCard).
- The Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Great range of benefits including discounted membership to our excellent leisure facilities with free 12 weeks exercise program with a dedicated personal trainer, discounts for a range of retail, entertainment, health and leisure providers, cycle to work scheme and many more.
- For the entry level GCSE’s at grades A to C including Maths, English and Science or equivalent
- For higher levels an appropriate qualification eg BTech level 3 or 4 or equivalent in relevant discipline OR can demonstrate the equivalent level of theoretical, technical and procedural knowledge
- Knowledge and/or experience of construction related activities
- Able to plan and organise work to meet pre-determined deadlines
- Good interpersonal skills to deal with the public, user groups and other technical members of staff
Want to Know More?
If you would like to know more about the role, the recruitment process or working for Wakefield Council feel free to contact Martin Barnes.
Tel: 07584 591245
JD Project Engineer Career Grade G4 to G9.pdf
To apply please click the Apply Now link below.