We are looking for an experienced Project Engineer to be part of our Highways Network Management Team.
What will be expected from me?
The purpose of this role is to provide contract and engineering expertise for Highways Maintenance Term Contract Management and the delivery of large value capital programmes across arrange of highway areas, including external Contractors, highway maintenance, drainage repairs, Public Rights of Way, Waterbody repairs and maintenance and road safety schemes
What will I be doing?
- Contract Management- ensure annual capital programmes of works are delivered in a cost effective/efficient manner across the highway network - safe and on time
- Develop and evaluate option appraisals -selection of repair treatments that provide Value for Money within available budgets.
- Provide technical support and ensure site designs/working drawings are consistent and fit for purpose.
- Commission term contractors and make certain works are coordinated - minimising disruption to all road users within the District
- Scheme monitoring including financial reporting and management of scheme records
- Customer consultations and providing advice and recommendations to Councillors, committees, public inquiries, other services and members of the public
Why Wakefield Council?
- We are a leading Council for best practice and an employer of choice for individuals seeking a rewarding role and career.
- We offer a flexible full-time working pattern of 37 hours per week
- 29 days of Holidays plus 8 Bank Holidays.
- Support and access to high-quality training offers to help progress your career to the next level.
- We are committed to supporting the wellbeing of our staff and we recognise that resilient Team need a good work/life balance as well as supportive leadership and support in the workplace.
- Access to a range of employee support products.
- Discounted and subsidised public transport (Arriva Bus Annual Travel Ticket, Northern Trains Limited (NTL), MetroCard).
- The Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Great range of benefits including discounted membership to our excellent leisure facilities with free 12 weeks exercise program with a dedicated personal trainer, discounts for a range of retail, entertainment, health and leisure providers, cycle to work scheme and many more.
- Appropriate technical qualification, HND or equivalent in civil engineering or can demonstrate the equivalent level of theoretical, technical and procedural knowledge
- Substantial personal development of skills and knowledge to equivalent of IEng level or Term Leader – ILM Level 5 or similar qualification.
- Comprehensive experience in Highway Construction, and / or Maintenance
- Good understanding of computer software applicable to construction and construction management, (AutoCad, MS Project etc.)
Want to Know More?
If you would like to know more about the role, the recruitment process or working for Wakefield Council feel free to contact Martin Barnes.
Tel: 07584 591245
JD Highway Project Engineer - Operations.pdf
To apply please click the Apply Now link below.