Site Supervisor / Liaison Officer - SIA Qualified
Permanent, Full Time
Up to £24,309 per annum
Working Days: Monday - Friday.
Working Hours: 37 hours per week, between 8am and 5pm with flexibility for an early start / early finish or late start / late finish, depending on the responsibilities of the day.
Why work with us?
- Essex County Council is the second largest Local Authority in the United Kingdom so you would be joining a huge organisation.
- Local Authority Pension Scheme. For more details please visit: https://www.essexpensionfund.co.uk/
- 26 days annual leave plus bank holiday.
- 37 hour working week.
- Make a difference to the local community.
- Work for a high performing team with wonderful team morale and friendly, helpful, and supportive colleagues.
- Great training pathways. Encouragement to all staff for their continual professional development.
This role is providing support in the management and maintenance of Essex County Council owned residential Gypsy/Traveller caravan sites. This role is mobile in nature with the majority working at one or two of 12 sites across Essex. However, flexibility is required for deployment to any of the 12 sites throughout the County as business dictates.
Responsible for supervising the sites in an efficient and effective manner. The role will include, but not limited to, collection and recording monetary payments, managing arrears, ensuring residents are aware of licence conditions, and report deviations form this. undertaking periodic pitch/site inspections, identifying and reporting maintenance issues, undertaking basic maintenance of the site, communal areas, and buildings, ensure that legislation, policy, and procedures are complied with, directly supporting residents in accessing key services.
An organised individual, able to prioritise and solve problems will be key alongside the promotion and support of health, welfare, and education with site residents.
The Experience You Will Bring
- SIA trained and/or security / enforcement background advantageous but not compulsory.
- General knowledge of operational health and safety, administration/record keeping and of basic maintenance work.
- Good numeracy with the ability to keep records and accounts.
- Written and verbal communication skills, good interpersonal skills and negotiation skills with the confidence to engage in challenging situations and conversations that could potentially require a level of mediation.
- Good judgement, problem solving and analysis skills.
- Good organisational skills.
- Educated to GCSE level or equivalent by experience.
- To ensure the terms of site licences are followed to maintain accountable behaviour of licensees and that health and safety regulations are observed, including promotion of Fire Safety awareness.
- To report to the office via senior site manager on all aspects of site activity and liaise with statutory and voluntary organisations concerning benefits payments, education, and healthcare etc. to keep up to date housing benefit records.
- To collect rent and water charges, addressing any arrears issues at an early stage, to ensure accurate records are maintained
- To be responsible for identifying and reporting maintenance issues, undertake minor repairs such as housekeeping in communal areas and site office, to ensure the site is kept in a good state of repair and oversee pre-arranged major repairs via external contractors on site to ensure all work is completed to the required standard.
- To assist on any of the Gypsy/Travellers sites run by the County Council as required to ensure efficient coverage for business operations or absence.
To assist in all resources to ensure that:
* Services are procured from external providers to represent 'value for money'
* Services are delivered on time and within budget
* Best use is made of land and buildings
Please note that the job role requires you to be mobile throughout an operational area. Therefore, the post holder will need to have a driving licence and access to a vehicle, or the ability to meet the mobility requirements of the role through other means.