We are seeking a Cemeteries Operative (Grounds Maintenance) to enhance the quality and effectiveness of our Council’s Street Scene & Bereavement Services.
What will be expected from me?
You will be responsible for carrying out grounds’ maintenance duties, grass cutting and strimming whilst working in a manner which maintains an atmosphere of reverence and respect.
What I might be doing?
- You will be working within recognised safe systems and in accordance with all aspects of health and safety legislation.
- You will be responsible for high standards of maintenance in cemetery grounds by undertaking a full range of grounds maintenance work including grass cutting, re-instatement works to worn or damaged areas of grass, shrub bed maintenance, planting, hedge cutting, weed spraying, sweeping of paths, litter picking, emptying of litter bins and removal of old floral tributes etc.
- You will carry out daily inspection of vehicles, equipment and personal protective equipment, to ensure it is in good working order before use.
- Driving License category C1 + E.
- NVQ Level 2 / City and Guilds or equivalent in horticulture within 12 months
- Appropriate training / qualifications in managing safety and in customer care
- Grave digging qualification
- A sound knowledge of operating plant, tools and equipment in a relevant environmental / amenity work
What can I expect?
- This is a full-Time post of 37 hours per week.
- 26 days of Holidays plus 8 Bank Holidays.
- Support and ongoing training.
- Discounted and subsidised public transport (Arriva Bus Annual Travel Ticket, Northern Trains Limited (NTL), MetroCard)
- The Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- Great range of benefits including discounted membership to our excellent leisure facilities with free 12 weeks exercise program with a dedicated personal trainer, discounts for a range of retail, entertainment, health and leisure providers, cycle to work scheme and many more.
Want to Know More?
If you would like to know more about the role, the recruitment process or working for Wakefield Council feel free to contact Tony Bowler.
Tel: 01924 307446
PR2354 001 Cemeteries Operative (GM).pdf
To apply please click the Apply Now link below.