An opportunity exists in the Council’s Street Scene Services for a Park Ranger working within a small team based at our Depot at Monckton Road, Wakefield.
What will be expected from me?
The post holder will support the Street Scene Manager in the delivery of the Parks and Greenspace Improvements Plan and the development and delivery of Parks and Greenspace related projects.
What I might be doing?
- You will be working within recognised safe systems and in accordance with all aspects of health and safety legislation.
- You will utilise experience, skills and knowledge to delivery park improvements including horticultural, cleansing, grounds maintenance and minor repairs within parks in the Wakefield District.
- You will carry out regular cleansing duties within the park including the cleansing of water features and conduct repairs such as gate and fencing repairs, bin and bench renovation, painting, pothole patching and graffiti removal.
- Current clean driving licence (C1+E)
- Driver CPC qualification
- Health and safety awareness
What can I expect?
- This is a full-Time post of 37 hours per week.
- 26 days of Holidays plus 8 Bank Holidays.
- Support and ongoing training.
- Discounted and subsidised public transport (Arriva Bus Annual Travel Ticket, Northern Trains Limited (NTL), MetroCard)
- The Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- Great range of benefits including discounted membership to our excellent leisure facilities with free 12 weeks exercise program with a dedicated personal trainer, discounts for a range of retail, entertainment, health and leisure providers, cycle to work scheme and many more.
If you would like to know more about the role, the recruitment process or working for Wakefield Council feel free to contact Tracey Pearce.
Tel: 01924 304935
To apply please click the Apply Now link below.