We reserve the right to close vacancies earlier than the specified date should we receive sufficient applications. If interested, please complete an application as early as possible.
Are you looking for a career in highways? Would you like to be part of a high-performance team who handle traffic management and road safety on behalf of Liverpool City Council ensuring it is effective and fit for purpose? If the answer is yes, then send in your application today for the position of Technical Assistant – Traffic Management.
Liverpool City Council has embarked on a major improvement programme that involves all parts of the organisation. Transport & Highways is especially focussed on delivering a range of improvements across the whole directorate. It has recently completed a service review which has identified the need for a number of positions to help it deliver its statutory duty in maintaining a highway that is functioning and fit for purpose.
As part of the team you will assist in the assessment, procurement and delivery of Transport and Highways programmes and policies, to agreed budgets, timescales and standards.
You will report to the Senior Engineer Traffic Management . You will be a self-starter with ambition, keen to learn and progress in the team. You will already have or be progressing towards a relevant qualification.
Key responsibilities include:
- Assist with the development and ongoing monitoring of both the City Council’s Travel Plan and other travel plans secured through the Planning process.
- Assist in providing input to highway schemes, local searches, etc.
- Process requests for Transport and Highways Services i.e. disabled bays, H-markings, temporary closures etc.
- Undertake site visits across the city including, taking photographs, measuring and marking out works, delivering public consultation materials, erecting notices to legally notify residents of schemes which include work off the adopted highway.
- Provide assistance for special events when required and this could mean out of hours working.
If you are ready for your next challenge, apply now
If you would like to talk to a member of the team about the role or have an informal discussion, please contact contact Dorothy Joyce, Dorothy.email@example.com or call 07925 358450
Job Description and Person Specification
To apply please click the Apply Now link below.