We reserve the right to close vacancies earlier than the specified date should we receive sufficient applications. If interested, please complete an application as early as possible.
Liverpool City Council has two exciting opportunities for Senior Transport Planners. This is an opportunity to establish yourself in what is a new planning function for Liverpool City Transport and Highways Department.
Liverpool City Council has embarked on a major improvement programme that involves all parts of the organisation. Transport & Highways are at its heart. The Transport & Highways team has just completed a comprehensive Service Review. These positions are newly created posts that seek to improve its approach towards highways planning.
In this role, you will be responsible for reviewing policies, design, delivery, management and maintenance of transport & highway schemes or projects. This will involve the co-ordination of activities with officers and contractors to deliver projects effectively and efficiently in accordance with legislation, the Council’s policies, best professional practice and within the required time cost and quality constraints.
This is a pivotal role that will increase the efficiency and effectiveness of the highway service. You will be a key member of the team with the opportunity to bring your enthusiasm and ideals to develop a second to none service that Liverpool City Council will be proud of.
Reporting to the Transportation Policy and Strategy Manager you will be a self-starter with ambition and high expectations of yourself and those you work with.
This is a unique opportunity to join an organisation on an improvement journey in which you can be a key player.
Key responsibilities include:
- Contribute to the development of appropriate transport policies and strategies for Liverpool City Council
- To provide pre-application advice in terms of traffic engineering to complex and high-profile planning applications in a manner that is consistent with Liverpool City Council’s policies and procedures.
- Work with project teams to provide technical advice and guidance on transport planning matters.
- Prepare reports and assessments with recommendations on transport planning policies to organisations applying for planning permission.
- To lead on the preparation of specialist evidence in respect of appeals including presenting evidence at Public Inquiries, Hearings and written representations.
If you are ready for your next challenge, if you want to make a difference, apply now.
If you would like to talk to a member of the team about the role or have an informal discussion, please contact Dorothy Joyce, Dorothy.firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07925 358450
To apply please click the Apply Now link below.