EXCITING ARBORIST ROLES AVAILABLE WITH MANCHESTER CITY COUNCIL!
Salary: £28,900 - £32,020 (bar at £31,099) per annum pro rata
Working Hours: 35 hours per week
Contract Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Additional Payments: Essential Car User Allowance
Additional Information: We have x2 positions available. Candidates who wish to work Part-Time or Job-Share will also be considered!
This role is subject to -
Medical Clearance - Pre-placement health assessment (PPHA)
Driving Licence – you must always hold a full valid driving licence
Essential Car Documentation - This post is a designated Essential Car User. Therefore, you must always hold a full valid driving licence and provide your own car for use at work. You will receive the Essential Car User Allowance.
• LEVEL 3 (TECHNICIANS CERTIFICATE)
• LEVEL 4 QUALIFICATION IN ARBORICULTURE
• ARBORICULTURE INTERMEDIATE TREE INSPECTION AWARD
• ARBORICULTURAL ASSOCIATION RISK ASSESSMENT
• CS50 TECNIQUES FOR DEALING WITH DAMAGED TREES
• 039-36 EMERGENCY PLANNING
• C30/31 MAINTAIN CHAINSAW & FELL SMALL TREE
We have exciting positions for suitably qualified and experienced Tree inspector. If you consider yourself suited to the role of a Tree Inspector (please see the attached Role Profile for further information regarding the role), we’d love to hear from you.
Manchester is often ranked as one of the best cities in the world to live within international media circles, with ‘nightlife’, ‘creativity’, ‘community spirit’, ‘friendliness’ and ‘getting to know your neighbours’ top of the list. We are home to the UK’s largest indoor arena, its second largest international airport, major sporting venues, great public transport options, and is right in the heart of the nation’s motorway network. On our doorstep are National Parks, areas of outstanding natural beauty and stunning coastlines. Within the City, our 555,000+ residents live in every kind of housing from modern residential skyscrapers, traditional Victorian terraced neighbourhoods, to leafy suburban districts.
The Arboricultural Department in Manchester has a key role to play in making Manchester a greener city by providing a safe, sustainable, and varied tree-scape, are you passionate about making a real difference to our residents and visitors?
If you’re successful, you’ll join a team of like- minded professionals with the same commitment and drive to deliver a first-class service this City deserves.
If you have any queries, please contact - Noel Nugent <firstname.lastname@example.org>
About the Candidate
You’ll be able to show that you have knowledge and experience in all aspects of tree management, you will be able to contribute to our service delivery and manage your own workload without day-to-day supervision.
What you can expect from us…
- A competitive salary up to (Grade 6 £28,900 - £32,020 (bar at £31,099).
- Monthly essential-user car allowance of £83.65 (1000cc +vehicle) plus a per-mile allowance for all business miles travelled
- A generous annual leave entitlement of up to 30 days paid leave (plus bank holidays) after a qualifying period of local government service and the ability to purchase an additional 10 days leave for full time employees.
- A flexible approach to working arrangements to help you achieve a greater work/life balance, including a 35-hour working week, and flexitime scheme which permits accrued hours to be taken as additional “flexi-leave” days
- A great working environment plus a pragmatic approach to homeworking
- We will help you develop your career by providing development and support whatever your level of experience
- A host of health & wellbeing benefits – e.g. Employee Assistance Programme, gym discounts and Cycle to Work Scheme
- Membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme with generous employer contribution into a defined benefit pension, with life cover and the option to build additional voluntary contributions via salary sacrifice arrangements
- Up to 3 days (paid) volunteering leave for rewarding work opportunities within the city & community
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer, and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation.
To apply please click the Apply Now link below.