Our client is looking for a City Centre Operative to join their operations team based in York for an initial 4 months, working within York City Centre, with the opportunity of the role going permanent.
This is a full time role, 37 hours a week, working Wednesday to Sunday, there are weekend enhancements. The rate of pay is £10.77 per hour.
The purpose of this role is to carry out street cleansing within the city centre, you will be working outdoors in all weathers all of the time and there will be daily contact with dirt, dust and traffic noise. PPE clothing will be provided.
The role involves;
- Driving mechanical sweepers/washers
- Working with a range of pedestrian controlled mechanical equipment
- Lifting/moving ‘heavy’ items
- De-litter allocated areas (pavements, roadways and street furniture) using both mechanical and manual methods
- Have either a provisional or current full UK driving licence
- Be immediately available
- Be physically fit, willing to work outdoors and comfortable dealing with members of the public.
For more information, please call the WorkwithYork team on 01904 566066
Regrettably we are unable to respond to every application we receive.
To apply for this vacancy, you must be able to work in the United Kingdom.
To apply please click the Apply Now link below.