Derbyshire is one of the most beautiful areas in the country, combining spectacular countryside and successful market towns with easy access to Derby, Nottingham, Sheffield and Manchester.
Set within Derbyshire is part of the Peak District National Park which is one of the UK’s most visited National Parks, attracting visitors from around the world, making it a great place to visit, live and work. The county council manages 9876 public rights of way extending to over 5000 kilometres covering the whole of the county.
This is an exciting time to join one of the country’s leading public sector in-house Highways Services, we’re paving the way for new and innovative approaches to delivering our services as we move onto the delivery phase of our Future Highways Model which shows the commitment to our in-house teams.
Within the Highways Directorate we are looking to appoint enthusiastic, customer focused and experienced people to join the Service, to assist with the management of the rights of way network across Derbyshire.
You will be joining a team of eager and ambitious technicians and engineers and have a manager who is supportive and keen to facilitate your development.
What will I be doing?
- You will be involved in investigating and resolving reported problems on public rights of way
- Implementing minor works for the repair and maintenance to the network
- assisting with the processing of Public Path Orders
- work in respect of keeping the Definitive Map & Statement up to date
- Providing responses to enquiries from customers and service users
What skills and experience do I need to have?
- familiar with relevant highway and rights of way legislation
- have map reading skills
- Ability to keep accurate records
- Full driving licence
- be able to walk long distances and negotiate rough terrain
These lists are not exhaustive, take a look at our comprehensive job profile for more detail
You will work closely with other Services within the Highways Division to continually develop service improvement and efficiencies whilst embracing new technologies and best working practices,
We offer a friendly and supportive working environment, a variety of Derbyshire based work, flexible working hours and the opportunity to develop yourself and your career.
Benefits of working for us include:
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- 25 days of annual leave plus another 5 once you reach 5 years of continuous service
- Flexi time allowing up to an additional 2 days of leave per month
- Free car parking at most sites
- Commitment to your continuing professional development with ongoing training opportunities
- Occupational Health service
- Physiotherapy Service
- An in-house counselling service
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discount on leisure centre memberships
- And much more.
Would you like to know what it’s like to be part of our team? You can see what our team have to say here.
This Rights of Way Assistant role is contractually based in Darley Dale, Matlock, Derbyshire, but as part of our Modern Ways of Working programme we are currently working on a hybrid basis. There'll be an opportunity to discuss future working arrangements at interview.
Should you wish to discuss this opportunity, then please contact Robert Greatorex on 07901 517855
To apply please click the Apply Now link below.