The Highway Design Team provides the professional services to design and manage the delivery of a wide range of highway schemes including maintenance, improvements, and new build.
These positions provide an exciting opportunity to develop how Derbyshire’s highway network is managed and developed in the future, as part of the Council’s Highways transformation programme.
You will be primarily involved in supporting the Project Engineer to deliver the design services through to construction, including the management and delivery of both maintenance and capital works.
You will be joining a team of eager and ambitious technicians and engineers and have a manager who is supportive and keen to facilitate your development.
What projects will I be involved with?
- A wide variety highway maintenance and resurfacing schemes
- New road construction and Major Projects
- Junction improvements and Road Safety measures
- New Walking and Cycling provisions
What skills and experience do I need to have?
- BTec Higher in Civil Engineering or similar qualification with relevant post qualification experience.
- Technical and practical problem solving skills.
- Skills and experience in relation to highway design, AutoCAD, and Contract Documentation. Conditions of Contract.
These lists are not exhaustive, take a look at our comprehensive job profile for more detail (this role is known internally as Senior Technician – Highways Design).
You will work closely with other Services within the Highways Division to continually develop service improvement and efficiencies whilst embracing new technologies and best working practices.
We offer a friendly and supportive working environment, a variety of Derbyshire based work, flexible working hours and the opportunity to develop yourself and your career.
Would you like to know what it’s like to be part of our Highways Design team? You can see what our team have to say here.
What we offer you:
- Defined Benefit Local Government Pension Scheme
- 27 days of annual leave plus another 5 once you reach 5 years of continuous service
- Flexi time, allowing up to an additional 2 days of leave per month
- Occupational Health service
- Physiotherapy Service
- An in-house counselling service
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discount on leisure centre memberships
- And much more.
Our Highways Design Team is based in Darley Dale, Derbyshire, but as part of our Modern Ways of Working programme we are currently working on a hybrid basis. As we now start our return to work in an office environment there will be an opportunity to discuss future working arrangements at the interview.
If you would prefer to submit a standard application form, you can download one here and upload this instead of your CV.
If you would like to have an informal chat about this role, get in touch with Paul Traynor, Head of Design Services, at email@example.com
Job and Person Profile
To apply please click the Apply Now link below.