We are seeking a Training & Quality Officer to enhance the quality and effectiveness of our Safety, Health, Environment & Quality Team. (SHEQ)
What will be expected from me?
You will support the Environment and Quality Manager in the implementation of robust health and safety environment and quality systems, developing and promoting Managing for Health & Safety (HSG65), managing and assisting in the co-ordination of all Health & Safety Training for the Council.
A Great role for a Senior Administrator who wish to specialise in SHEQ. Training will be provided.
What I might be doing?
- You will actively work within a team of professional Health, Safety, Environment and Compliance Advisors. Supporting the overall management objectives of the wider SHEQ Team as required.
- You will maintain, monitor, procure, plan and audit centrally, statutory and health and safety training objectives supporting the councils Responsible and Competent persons and Contractor Partners across all Council Services.
- You will support the SHEQ Service ethos in delivering innovation and change, supporting, promoting, and facilitating a work environment that is both safe and healthy for the Council and others who may be affected by Council activities.
- You will give Directorate support, centrally managing training data, giving advice and support for service specific Responsible Persons, managing general H&S training (in house and outsourced providers) through centralised training matrices.
- Relevant professional qualification in Quality Management Systems / Co-ordinating Training Activities and Training Providers
- High level knowledge and understanding of the local government framework, governance arrangements, best value and service improvement, risk management and key issues facing local government and public services.
- Good knowledge of general health and Safety legislation, in relation to Health and Safety Training and Statutory Compliance Audit
- Knowledge of various training methods including coaching, workshops, classroom training, mentoring, and e-learning programmes
- Excellent experience of undertaking analysis of data, producing robust statistical information and detailed reports.
What can I expect?
- This is a full-time post of 37 hours per week with Workplace Based/Flexible option available.
- 28 days of Holidays plus 8 Bank Holidays.
- Support and ongoing training.
- Discounted and subsidised public transport (Arriva Bus Annual Travel Ticket, Northern Trains Limited (NTL), MetroCard).
- The Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Great range of benefits including discounted membership to our excellent leisure facilities with free 12 weeks exercise program with a dedicated personal trainer, discounts for a range of retail, entertainment, health and leisure providers, cycle to work scheme and many more.
Want to Know More?
If you would like to know more about the role, the recruitment process or working for Wakefield Council feel free to contact Kevin Miller.
All correspondence regarding interviews and application progress will be sent via the e-mail address you have registered on this site with.
Please add the e-mail addresses below to your contacts or safe-senders list / check your junk mail folder to ensure that you don't miss important information regarding your application.
Wakefield Council is wholly committed to ensuring children and vulnerable adults are fully supported and safe. We are dedicated to the safeguarding of all children and vulnerable adults whilst promoting their welfare. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this responsibility.
In accordance with the Council’s Probation Procedure this post is subject to a 6-month Probationary Period.
Having a diverse workforce that is reflective of the communities we serve helps us to achieve the best outcomes for all. We encourage applications from everyone and actively seek to ensure that everyone feels included in the workplace so that we can make the most of our differences.
About Wakefield Council
Want to find out more about Wakefield Council, click here.
Happy to talk Flexible working