Are you a Clerk of Works / Site Manager / Project Manager or Highway Inspector with highways and construction site experience? We are looking for a Senior Highway Adoptions Inspector to join our busy highways adoptions team in York. It’s an exciting time to join us as a large number of housing and commercial development sites will be progressing to construction stage in the coming months and years.
This is a full time hybrid role, working 37 hours a week, with a mix of time in the office, working from home and regular visits and meetings at construction sites.
We are looking for an experienced team member who will be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Experience as a Highway Inspector / Site Manager / Clerk of Works with the ability to assess the acceptability of highway construction for a wide range of developments (preferably 5 years experience or more).
- Experience of working with developers, contractors and their representatives, in relation to traffic, highways or development matters.
- Experience to assess the acceptability of highway construction for a wide range of developments; relevant experience in highway / civil engineering, drainage or other related discipline.
- Comprehensive knowledge of highway construction techniques and specifications including the ability to consider and generate adaptations or range of options.
- Qualifications / Certificates relevant to the role, such as NRSWA and CSCS cards, ensuring access to a wide variety of sites.
You can apply online here or, if you would prefer, please send your CV to email@example.com
Please note - your CV must contain (as a minimum):
- Name and contact details (telephone, email, address)
- Full employment history (name of employer, job titles, dates of employment and salary)
- Explanation of any gaps in employment
- Contact details of at least two referees including current / most recent employer
The Council is committed to investing in the talent and wellbeing of our staff and can offer a generous annual leave allowance, access to the Local Government Pension Scheme, comprehensive Health & Wellbeing initiatives and a reward package which recognises your contribution. We can offer flexible working practices, community engagement and volunteer activities and, as part of our commitment to you, promote continuous Learning & Development. In addition we also offer a growing range of discounts, rewards and savings.
At the moment due to the impact of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, some of our staff are working remotely from home but a return to a combination of working remotely and physically from the Council’s offices is anticipated in the near future.
As a new starter, your contractual location will be the designated council office for your team. Your working arrangements will vary according to your service and role, and the current Government guidance. For many roles, there will be more opportunities in the future for remote and hybrid working. However, this comes with the expectation that, as workplaces open up, there is likely to be an ongoing and occasional requirement to attend the workplace.
For further information or an informal discussion please contact Helene Vergereau (Traffic and Highway Development Manager) at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 01904 552077
Closing date: Sunday 7 August 2022 at 12 midnight
Applications will be considered on receipt and interviews arranged for any suitable candidates on a rolling basis. We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we receive sufficient applications for the role. Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application as early as possible.