The role of this post is to oversee the project management, development and implementation of the County Council's Major Transport Projects, managing multi-disciplinary/organisational teams as appropriate, from feasibility studies and outline business case, through delivery on site, to financial monitoring and post scheme evaluation. The post holder will also oversee the development and implementation of County Council delivered Third Party schemes and other projects as required by the Team Manager, through facilitating, funding agreements, design and construction, stakeholder communication and other liaison as necessary to safeguard the Highway Authority.
A degree in an appropriate subject or equivalent qualification (e.g. BTEC Higher in Civil Engineering) plus demonstrable experience and skills as identified below:
- Working at a senior level in a highway engineering setting
- Developing and project managing significant civil engineering, maintenance projects or works programmes
- Collaborative working with customers and key stakeholders to deliver outputs and outcomes
- Working in a commercial environment, delivering projects and programmes to time, quality and cost
- Supervising and managing members of a team, both in technical aspects and performance management
- Excellent communication and presentation skills including the ability to shape and influence to achieve successful outcomes and to continue to build on the credibility of the Council and its services.
- Build powerful relationships across stakeholders, peers and partners, creating open and transparent relationships based on trust.
- Lead and deliver sustainable, collective high performance through leadership, the setting of clear priorities and a strong approach to performance management.
Please see the Job Description / Person Specification which are attached further down on this page and include complete details of essential requirements for this post.
For informal enquiries please contact Robert Reeves, Tel: 0116 305 7274 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply please click the Apply Now link below.