Waste Management Supervisor
6 days left
- Contract Type
- Full time
Leicestershire County Councils, Contracts and Haulage Team are looking to recruit a Waste Management Supervisor to join the team. The role will be responsible for supervising the Waste Transfer Station and Internal Haulage operation.
The successful candidate will assist the Waste Management Officer and Senior Haulage officer in providing visible leadership and direction for the Waste team consisting of Operatives and HGV drivers, you will be responsible for the management and operation of a variety of plant and equipment that will include HGV’s, loading shovels, telehandlers, and any other equipment on site.
In addition to Supervising the team the successful candidate will assist in operational performance, financial management, staff training and development to ensure that services provided by the Council are robust enough to deliver the desired outcomes and meet all statutory duties and responsibilities. This position requires a proactive and flexible attitude to work, time-management and problem-solving.
- A full, Driving License (willing to work towards an HGV category C License if not already obtained as well as a CPC for drivers) and insurance for business use (commuting vehicle)
- Loading shovel/plant ticket/train the trainer qualification/willing to work towards
- Supervision of employees in the waste management industry or similar workplace
- GCSE or equivalent in Maths and English (or equivalent)
- BTEC, NVQ3 or equivalent/willing to work towards
- WAMITAB CoTC Level 3 (or working towards)
- Leading and managing a front-line operational service. This will include the effective management of Health and Safety and risk.
- Analysing, interpreting and presenting of information to senior staff.
- Ability to work well within a team.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills including the ability to shape and influence to achieve successful outcomes and to continue to build on the credibility of the Waste management team and its services.
Please see the Job Description / Person Specification which are attached further down on this page.
For informal enquires please contact Simon Hollywood, Tel: 07517588502 Email: Simon.Hollywood@leics.gov.uk
To apply please click the Apply Now link below.