Waste Management Operative
7 days left
- Contract Type
- Full time
Leicestershire County Councils, Contracts and Haulage Team are looking to recruit a Waste Management Operator to join the team. The main duties will be the responsibility for loading and unloading of vehicles using plant equipment and maintaining the Waste Transfer Station operation.
The successful candidate will assist the Waste Management Supervisor and the team in providing the necessary attributes to process various types of waste in and out the facility. The successful candidates will operate of a variety of plant and equipment that will include loading shovels, telehandlers, and any other equipment on site.
In addition to processing waste and maintaining the WTS the successful candidate will assist in operational services provided by the Council. Help to deliver desired outcomes and meet all statutory duties and responsibilities. This position requires a proactive and flexible attitude to work, time-management, and teamwork.
- A full, Driving License and insurance for business use (commuting vehicle)
- Loading shovel/plant ticket/train the trainer qualification/willing to work towards
- Experience using specialist plant, such as loading shovel, telehandler
- GCSE or equivalent in Maths and English (or equivalent)
- Ability to work well within a team
- Applying health & safety requirements to work tasks by following Safe Systems of Work and Risk assessments
- Knowledge of driver and vehicle practices
- Basic IT skills including the ability to use basic functions in electronic systems/willing to work towards
Please see the Job Description / Person Specification which are attached further down on this page.
For informal enquires please contact Simon Hollywood, Tel: 0116 305 0996 Email: Simon.Hollywood@leics.gov.uk
To apply please click the Apply Now link below.