Team Leader (Local Plan)
1 day left
- Contract Type
- Full time
The Code of Practice on the English language requirement for public sector workers, Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016, requires that Councils ensure that all candidates applying for customer facing posts must be assessed in order to establish their fluency in English.
The criteria under special knowledge and experience on the job profile which is shown in this advert, outlines what level of fluency you will be expected to demonstrate. Therefore, it is essential that you provide examples in your application.
Bradford (the 5th largest metropolitan authority in England and UK City of Culture 2025) is a thriving, diverse and multi-cultural District with one of the Country’s youngest populations. Combine a UNESCO City of Film, and Saltaire UNESCO World Heritage Site, with wild and beautiful moorland, a wide mix of attractive villages and towns, throw in world class artists such as David Hockney, literary greats such as the Brontës, coupled with a city packed with a rich and varied mix of cultures and heritages and you have Bradford!
The role provides an exciting opportunity to lead one of the largest new Local Plans in the country and develop a clear vision for Bradford City and its varied District – maximising opportunities for clean growth and carbon reduction and ensuring the delivery of an up to date comprehensive statutory plan, which supports investment including transformational opportunities such as the Southern Gateway and a new city through railway station, as well as new mass transit.
This is a key and high profile position within the Council, which includes managing a team of skilled and experienced professionals in the preparation, implementation and monitoring of the Local Plan and working with senior officers, members and a varied range of stakeholders towards delivering shared ambitions and representing the Council. The Post will require extensive experience at a senior level in the Planning field – of at least 5 years, which includes experience of delivering complex planning projects and working with members and stakeholders on plan development.
Current key projects include:
- Local Plan work to publication and submission/examination
- Supporting regeneration, housing delivery and master planning
- Raising the quality of housing / design including being a Design Code Pathfinder
- Supporting delivery of key infrastructure including rail and mass transit improvements
- Planning policy advice on complex planning applications
- Monitoring land supply and delivery
- Neighbourhood Planning
- Strategic planning and Duty to Cooperate
- GIS and data development
Requires experience of:
- Leading, managing and motivating staff to deliver high quality services; and
- Project management for complex projects/programmes to ensure the successful delivery of projects within pre-determined timescales and budgets would be desirable.
Together with a proven track record of:
- Generating resources, managing budgets and bringing these in on target, and
- Co-ordinating and developing corporate programmes aimed at specific objectives and outcomes, and working with professional staff from other disciplines.
The post requires a degree and eligible to be a corporate member of Royal Town Planning Institute and NVQ Level 5 in Management or demonstrable equivalent experience.
Some of the great benefits we offer are:
- Hybrid working arrangements
- Flexitime and flexible working,
- Casual car user mileage allowance,
- Subsidised annual travel cards and cycle to work scheme
- 29 days holiday increasing to 32 days per year after 5 years continuous service
- Local authority pension scheme.
For further information regarding this post please contact Andrew Marshall on 01274 434050 or email Andrew.firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 4th July
More searches like this
- Corporate Services Team Leader £40,000 - £49,999 Full time jobs in Bradford
- Corporate Management Team Team Leader £40,000 - £49,999 Full time jobs in Bradford
- Environment Team Leader £40,000 - £49,999 Full time jobs in Bradford
- Environmental Management Team Leader £40,000 - £49,999 Full time jobs in Bradford
- Sustainability Team Leader £40,000 - £49,999 Full time jobs in Bradford