Recycling Operative (s) x9
Annualised Hours - 40 hours per week.
Usual working Patterns:
October to March - up to 32.5 hours per week
April to September - up to 47.5 hours per week
Please note all positions are working full time (5 days per week which will include every weekend, including both Saturday and Sunday. Bank Holidays that fall within working patterns are mandatory but paid as double time.)
Do you enjoy working with people, being outdoors and looking after the environment?
Leicestershire County Council is looking to recruit a Recycling Operative(s) based at its Recycling and Household Waste Sites (RHWS). Candidates must be self-motivated, hard-working, willing to learn and have good customer care skills.
Successful candidates will be responsible for identifying, assessing and charging residents for their chargeable waste, assisting members of the public in the safe disposal of their waste and delivering a high-quality service under challenging times.
We have around 8 roles available, each role covers one of the site groups below:
Secondary RHWS (must be 2 out of)
Anticipated number of positions
Melton, Somerby, Mountsorrel, Shepshed, Loughborough
Barwell, Lount, Shepshed, Loughborough, Mountsorrel
Barwell, Coalville, Loughborough, Shepshed
Bottesford, Kibworth, Mountsorrel, Somerby
Barwell, Coalville, Loughborough, Lount, Mountsorrel
Barwell, Kibworth, Coalville Lutterworth, Oadby
Please indicate in your application your preferred Primary RHWS (column 1) and your choice of two Secondary RWHSs from those provided linked to your preferred Primary RHWS (in column 2).
- An understanding of Health & Safety.
- Good communication skills and the ability to handle all customers in a polite and professional manner.
- The ability to converse with ease with customers and provide advice and information in accurate spoken English is essential for the post.
- Must have the ability to travel to work base/locations (within site grouping – Primary RHWS plus 2 others)
- To either hold a valid, or have a willingness and ability to complete, relevant first aid course
Please see the Job Description / Person Specification which are attached further down on this page.
For informal enquires please contact Jonathan Murray, Tel: 0751 829 9863 between the hours of 9am - 5pm Monday to Friday or Email: Jonathan.Murray@leics.gov.uk