Assistant Engineer (Assets and Design)
We are seeking to recruit an Assistant Engineer (Asset and Design) to join our Highway Asset and Design team on a permanent, full-time basis.
On a day-to-day basis you will:
· Carry out various surveys, feasibility studies, designs, assessments, reports and the like in the process of preparing highway and civil engineering schemes
· Prepare the production of design calculations, drawings, contract documentation, drawings, estimating and surveys
· Act as Project Manager on schemes as directed by the Senior Engineer ensuring timely delivery, reporting and construction
· Assist with creating, prioritising, maintaining and updating Highways Revenue and Capital programmes
· Preparation of technical reports relating to Asset Maintenance
We are looking to recruit an individual with:
· A HND/HNC or Degree in Civil Engineering or similar related topic with a minimum of 2 years experience in Civil Engineering Design
· Excellent interpersonal, presentational and negotiating skills
· Excellent communication and ICT skills
· Good analytical skills being able to provide a range of solutions by applying imaginative, creative and innovative thinking to solve problems
· Full valid UK driving license
In addition to the above, we require an individual with a degree of fluency in the Welsh language. A successful applicant without the required Welsh language skill will be fully supported to reach the desired standard within two years of appointment.
In exchange for your skills and commitment, we will offer you a range of employee benefits including flexible hours scheme, competitive annual leave allowance and a
generous pension contribution scheme. More information about our wide-range of employee benefits can be found on our careers website. In addition, we are committed to developing our people and will not only provide support to enable you to quickly and confidently take ownership of this role’s key areas of responsibility but in addition, we are committed to supporting your development in order that you can progress your career with us.
Should you wish require any further information about this role please contact: Owen Stephens.
For more information about this opportunity please visit our careers website.
To apply please click the Apply Now link below.