Senior Engineer (Assets and Design) – Assets
We are seeking to recruit a Senior Engineer (Asset and Design) to join our Highway Asset and Design team on a permanent, full time basis.
On a day to day basis you will:
- Full and ongoing managerial and supervisory responsibility of a multi-functional team
- Good working knowledge of the operational aspects of the identified service areas outlined in the Job Description
- Ability to work under minimal supervision and independently as a team leader
- Carry out various surveys, feasibility studies, designs, assessments, reports and the like in the process of preparing highway and civil engineering schemes
- Prepare the production of design calculations, drawings, contract documentation, drawings, estimating and surveys
- To procure all works essential to maintain the condition of those assets in accordance with the relevant County Council Procurement Policy and Council standing orders
- Act as Project Manager on schemes ensuring timely delivery, reporting and construction
- To ensure all the Health and Safety requirements of the Council including the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations are achieved
- To deputise for the Asset and Design Manager as required, and represent the Service both within the Council and external to the Council
- Be flexible and work to changing deadlines
- Customer care focused service delivery being able to apply tact, sensitivity and persuasion where necessary
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiating skills
- Excellent communication and reporting skills both orally and written
We are looking to recruit an individual with:
- Degree in Civil Engineering or similar related topic or Incorporated status of a relevant professional institute or demonstrable evidence of relevant successful experience in Civil Engineering design and management
- Excellent interpersonal, presentational and negotiating skills
- Team player and highly motivated
- Good analytical skills being able to provide a range of solutions by applying imaginative, creative and innovative thinking to solve problems
- Excellent communication and ICT skills
- Full valid UK driving license
In addition to the above, we require an individual with a degree of fluency in the Welsh language. A successful applicant without the required Welsh language skill will be fully supported to reach the desired standard within two years of appointment.
In exchange for your skills and commitment, we will offer you a range of employee benefits including flexible hours scheme, competitive annual leave allowance and a generous pension contribution scheme. More information about our wide-range of employee benefits can be found here. In addition, we are committed to developing our people and will not only provide support to enable you to quickly and confidently take ownership of this role’s key areas of responsibility but in addition, we are committed to supporting your development in order that you can progress your career with us.
Should you wish require any further information about this role please contact Owen Stephens.
Note: We reserve the right to amend the application closing date.
To apply please click the Apply Now link below.