Senior Engineer (Highways Development Control)
We are looking to recruit a highly-motivated, creative and innovative and suitably qualified or experienced Senior Engineer – Highways Development Control to join our Highways Development Service on a permanent, full time basis, to lead the Highways Development Control Team.
On a day to day basis you will have:
- Full managerial and supervisory responsibility for the Highways Development Control Team and staff operating flexibly to deliver resource on a skills and needs basis delivering applicable services
- Manage the accurate and timely provision of responses to planning applications, pre-applications, Local Land Searches and other relevant information
- Manage and control the highway adoption process and represent the Local Highways Authority at internal and external meetings
- Liaise with colleagues within the Local Highway Authority, Local Planning Authority and Local Land Searches services.
- When required, to prepare and present reports and attend site meetings with Local Authority colleagues, Council Members, developers and their agents and members of the public
We are looking to recruit an individual with:
- A degree in Civil Engineering or relevant subject or Incorporated member of Institute of Civil Engineers or relevant professional institute and a minimum five years’ experience in Local Authority Highway Design and/or Development Control
- Excellent communication and ICT skills – including MS Word, Excel, email, GIS and database packages
- An experienced, reliable and effective team leader with high levels of motivation
- An enquiring mind and attention to detail who is creative and innovative in developing new and original solutions to transport issues and problems
- The ability to act professionally and to display tact and diplomacy in performing their duties at all times
- Full and valid driving licence
In addition to the above, we require an individual with a degree of fluency in the Welsh language. A successful applicant without the required Welsh language skill will be fully supported to reach the desired standard within two years of appointment. In exchange for your skills and commitment, we will offer you a range of employee benefits including a flexible working hours scheme, competitive annual leave allowance and a generous pension contribution scheme. More information about our wide-range of employee benefits can be found here. In addition, we are committed to developing our people and will not only provide support to enable you to quickly and confidently take ownership of this role’s key areas of responsibility but in addition, we are committed to supporting your development in order that you can progress your career with us.
Should you wish require any further information about this role, please contact Chris Wilson on 07814 473632.
For more information about this opportunity please visit our careers website.
To apply please click the Apply Now link below.