Strategic Transport Manager (Home to School)
The Code of Practice on the English language requirement for public sector workers, Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016, requires that Councils ensure that all candidates applying for customer facing posts must be assessed in order to establish their fluency in English.
The criteria under special knowledge and experience on the job profile which is shown in this advert, outlines what level of fluency you will be expected to demonstrate. Therefore, it is essential that you provide examples in your application.
This is an exciting opportunity to lead and manage the Bradford Metropolitan District Council (MDC) Home to School and Social Care passenger transport function within Children’s and Adult’s Services. The Passenger Transport Service (PTS) are responsible for the transportation of over 1,800 special needs and vulnerable children, young people and adults twice daily; this is over 724,000 movements in the year.
The Service is split into two teams:
- The PTS Bus Operation, who are responsible for the PTS Buses, the planning, maintenance and customer care provided by our Road Crews
- The Special Educational Needs (SEN) Taxi Escort Contracting Service which is responsible for the provision of Home to School transport via our Taxi Partners with the support of the SEN home based escort team
The Strategic Transport Manager will report directly to the Assistant Director for Special Educational needs and Disabilities (SEND) and Inclusion.
The key responsibilities for this role will include:
- Take the lead in providing a high quality, proactive and innovative Travel Assistance Service on behalf of the Council, with responsibility for managing all functions and activities within the Service, ensuring that all eligible young people and adults receive travel assistance, in line with agreed policies and which is appropriate to their needs.
- To directly line manage the Transport Service staff team (including those providing travel assessment and passenger transport) to Council standards including their support, supervision, appraisal, performance and professional development.
- To manage the provision and procurement of transport for individuals in line with their assessed needs.
- Responsible for the Travel Assistance Service budget and a significant expenditure budget of approx £10m. Ensure that effective budget monitoring is undertaken, acting as verifier for the payment of invoices, resolving queries and taking immediate corrective action as necessary.
- To provide professional advice, guidance and information on all aspects of the Service to Elected Members, Officers, Partners and Citizens as required. Routine communications at all levels internally and with a wide range of external organisations
We are seeking to recruit a dynamic and enthusiastic professional with experience of working in a home to school transport. The ideal candidate would have experience:
- Managing home to transport services for children and/or adults.
- Working with adults, families and children with SEND.
- Working in a public sector organisation with a strong drive for continuous improvement and innovation.
- Leading teams and projects to achieve strategic goals and drive service improvement.
- Successfully resolving complex cases that require an element of judgement.
- Developing and implementing policies and strategies.
For an informal discussion, please contact Niall Devlin on firstname.lastname@example.org
An enhanced disclosure check with the Disclosure and Barring Service will be undertaken for this post.
If you require any further information please click Apply button
More searches like this
- Corporate Services Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Full time jobs in Bradford
- Corporate Management Team Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Full time jobs in Bradford
- Environment Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Full time jobs in Bradford
- Transport Planning Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Full time jobs in Bradford
- Health and Social Care Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Full time jobs in Bradford