Our client has a great opportunity for HGV/LGV drivers to work in the Waste Recycling service.
If you want to be rewarded for dedication and loyalty, enjoy managing your own workload & being outdoors and have excellent people skills then we want to hear from you...
The purpose of the role
- You will drive and operate a variety of waste collection vehicles using safe and efficient driving techniques in line with the clients’ requirements.
- As a LGV/HGV driver you will assist in
- The provision of an effective and efficient waste collection and disposal service across various locations within the York district
- Observing health and safety requirements and being responsible for the safety of crew, self and members of the public.
- A team that will include waste loaders and you will be required to assist with loading duties when needed.
You will need to be available for an induction. The role is 37 hours a week, Monday to Friday and temporary until the end of November 2022, with the potential to go permanent.
Rate of pay is £11.60 per hour.
Qualifications and experience required for the role include;
- Driver CPC Qualification
- Driving Experience
- Full Category C Driving Licence
- Class 2 Driving Licence (must have previous experience of class 2 driving)
- Experience of working under prolonged periods of sustained physical effort
- Experience of using a Digital Tachograph Card
- The ability to work as part of a team
Previous experience with waste or recycling would be an advantage although the client will offer in-house, on the job training and instruction on the vehicles they operate in their fleet. So your experience as a driver will be utilised and your skills and knowledge base will increase.
To apply, please visit the WorkwithYork website or ring us on 01904 566066 for an application form or for more information.
To apply please click the Apply Now link below.