Highways Adoption Inspector (Clerk of Works)
Are you a Clerk of Works/Site Manager/Project Manager with highways exposure?
Do you have a NRSWA qualification and CSCS card?
Are you available within the next month?
Our client is looking for a Highways Adoptions Inspector to join their busy highways adoptions team based and working in York for an initial 6 months.
This is a full time hybrid role, with a minimum of 37 hours a week, including regular visits to construction sites, (although this may include evening or night time inspections from time to time, where necessary).
The purpose of this role
To undertake close inspections on either newly delivered adoptable highways or around existing highways to ensure that prospective adopted highways are constructed to the correct standards.
Duties will involve:
- Assessing and inspecting the standard of work being undertaken during the construction of prospectively maintainable public highways and works within existing highways.
- Proactively identifying issues on sites, as and when they arise,
- Liaising with colleagues in the Adoptions team, developers and contractors on site, to find ways to solve these issues without compromising highway safety or standards.
You will need the following skills:
- Experience as a Highway Inspector/Site Manager/Project Manager with the ability to assess the acceptability of highway construction for a wide range of developments.
- Experience of working with developers, contractors and their representatives, in relation to traffic, highways or development matters.
- Experience to assess the acceptability of highway construction for a wide range of developments; relevant experience in highway/civil engineering, drainage or other related discipline.
- Comprehensive knowledge of highway construction techniques and specifications including the ability to consider and generate adaptations or range of options.
- Qualifications/Certificates relevant to the role, such as NRSWA and CSCS cards, ensuring access to a wide variety of sites.
To apply, please visit the WorkwithYork website or ring us on 07922 425165 for an application form or for more information.
Regrettably we can't respond to every application we receive. and please note that to apply for this vacancy you must be able to work in the United Kingdom.
To apply please click the Apply Now link below.