About the Post:
Barnsley is changing and at it’s heart is a commitment to concentrate on providing services where they’re most needed, where they’ll have the most impact and to help people do more for each other and their community.
Our highway network is vital to the economic, social and environmental well-being of Barnsley. It is key to achieving nearly all of the Council’s business objectives, providing the means by which children get to school, the elderly receive home help, waste is transported and Council staff deliver services around the Borough. Now is a great time to be joining our forward-thinking and dynamic Highways & Engineering Service.
We are looking to recruit an exceptional Senior Traffic Engineer to join our Highways & Engineering Service to develop and deliver a package of road safety improvements at all schools across the borough. This is a temporary role to be based in heart of Barnsley at our Westgate Plaza 1 offices.
Our new Senior Traffic Engineer will play a crucial role within our core Highways team. Working within a small team, you will have the unparalleled opportunity to deliver a high-profile project, from inception through to completion.
Alongside your interest in traffic engineering the successful candidate will demonstrate an ability to:
· Develop traffic engineering schemes to address identified issues;
· Support the Highways and Transportation Team in all aspects including direct communication with Councillors, the public and other key internal and external stakeholders;
· Develop more efficient working procedures and practices;
· Attend training courses relevant to operational needs;
· Undertake assessments, designing and developing solutions to relevant engineering issues;
· Communicate skilfully across a broad range of stakeholders;
· Carry out any other duties required by a supervisor or manager.
· Use robust project and financial management skills;
We live and work by our four values: honesty, teamwork, excellent service and taking pride in what we do.
As part of our team you can be sure we’ll do all we can to support you in being truly excellent. You see, we prioritise learning and enabling staff to achieve their potential. That’s one of the reasons why we achieved IIP Gold and why you’ll find your career here inspiring and rewarding. In addition, we have an attractive and competitive employee pay benefits programme in addition to the basic salary. We are committed to supporting the principles of equal pay and aim to eliminate inequalities in our pay systems through fair and transparent pay framework and reward strategy.
It’s an exciting time for Barnsley and this new role requires an exceptional candidate who can manage a broad and varied range of flood risk mitigation schemes. If you are eligible for the role and want to make a difference then we’d love to hear from you.
Vacancy Exposure Profile: Exposure Profile.pdf
Please ensure you view the job profile for this role, as you will need to demonstrate in your application form how you meet the required criteria.
We welcome the opportunity to have a chat about the role and are happy to address any questions you may have about flexible working arrangements, including as a result of caring responsibilities.
Barnsley Council is passionate about Equal Opportunities and Flexible Working. We're committed to equality and diversity in all aspects of our work and welcome candidates with a broad diversity of talent. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Click here for more information.
CVs will not be accepted.
To apply please click the Apply Now link below.
More searches like this
- Corporate Services Head of Service £40,000 - £49,999 Full time jobs in Barnsley
- Corporate Management Team Head of Service £40,000 - £49,999 Full time jobs in Barnsley
- Environment Head of Service £40,000 - £49,999 Full time jobs in Barnsley
- Highways Head of Service £40,000 - £49,999 Full time jobs in Barnsley