Capital Works Engineer
Are you an ambitious and talented professional seeking to take the next step in your career?
Are you looking for working arrangements that will enhance your work-life balance, including flexible working options and generous holiday allowance?
If you answered yes, we’d love to hear from you!
We have an exciting opportunity for a Capital Works Engineer position within the Traffic and Engineering section responsible for the management and delivery of highway engineering services. We deliver a broad range of civil engineering opportunities within the team covering areas such as traffic, public realm, capital maintenance, lighting, flooding, S278 and S106 highway projects. This role is ideal for an experienced engineer who wishes to take on additional technical and management responsibilities.
The role is based in Wandsworth, and you will assist with S278 projects, design and implementation of traffic schemes that would include town centre public realm, traffic calming and cycling infrastructure to enhance the highway, improve road safety and promote walking and cycling. There will also be the opportunity to work on sustainable urban drainage initiatives to reduce the risk of flooding in the boroughs.
This is a fast moving and dynamic team which will suit talented and ambitious professionals seeking to take the next step in their career. You will be working in a stimulating and supportive environment, where you will have the opportunity to pursue an engineering professional qualification. You will be required to use your programme and contract management skills and demonstrate excellent budgetary and financial management.
- Ensure that the services for both Councils are dealt with to deliver the standards required.
- Provide operational and motivational leadership of staff.
- Ensure all Member queries about service delivery are dealt with promptly and effectively.
- Advise and support senior managers on relevant service and operational matters.
- Support ways of working that ensure residents and stakeholders are actively engaged in the future of the function.
- You will have sound practical highway/traffic engineering knowledge.
- You possess knowledge of street works, highways and other relevant legislation and associated health and safety requirements.
- You have working knowledge of asset management, prioritising and programming of schemes.
- You will have appropriate professional qualification and at least 1 year’s post qualification experience.
Please review the attached Job Profile for the full details on this varied role.
To apply please click the Apply Now link below.