Principal Highways Development Management Officer
Do you want a challenging and rewarding career with real opportunities to change the lives of people in Northumberland?
If you are dynamic, dedicated and enthusiastic then we want to hear from you.
Who is NCC?
World renowned as a visitor destination, Northumberland is also the ideal location to strike a perfect work/life balance. What better way of enjoying the picturesque scenery and stunning coastline than to sample it on an everyday basis?
Our Vision is: “To make Northumberland a county which you regard as a great place to live, and in which you can access the things you enjoy, whilst having the opportunity to learn and thrive”
Our Plan is to focus on:
· Living - we want you to feel safe, healthy and cared for.
· Enjoying - we want you to love where you live.
· Connecting - we want you to have access to the things you need.
· Learning - we want you to achieve and realise your potential.
· Thriving - we want to attract more and better jobs.
For further information about working for Northumberland County Council, please click here: http://www.northumberland.gov.uk/working
We are a team with a responsibility to ensure that new developments offer a genuine choice of travel options. We strive to support our vision with a focus on inclusive design principles ensuring that new infrastructure caters for everyone. You will join a team that encourages and supports 'decide and provide’ approaches to ensuring the best opportunities for existing and future residents and workers when making travel choices in Northumberland.
As a Principal Highways Development Management Officer, you will provide management, supervision and co-ordination for a team of officers to assist in the delivery of an efficient, effective and customer focussed Highways Development Management function that prioritises the delivery of sustainable development in accordance with the newly adopted Northumberland Local Plan and national and local planning policies and guidance.
You will ensure that statutory consultation advice is provided to the Local Planning Authority within the appropriate timeframe. You will be responsible for the provision of end-to-end Highways Development Management input to major developments, including work on Transport Assessments.
Liaise with and advise various departments and partners, including developers and Highway Consultants on issues relating to Section 278s and 38s, their impact on our network and understand the need for effective and efficient communication, both written and verbal.
Work, and supervise others to work, with developers and highway consultants on the design of highway schemes, from pre-application stage to completion of construction on site, which will facilitate development, with relation to Sections 278 and 38.
We have some outstanding benefits to offer you, including:
· 25 days annual leave plus public and bank holidays (rising to 30 after 5 years of service) (pro-rata for part-time employees).
· Automatic enrolment into the Local Government Pension Scheme.
· Flexi scheme applicable to majority of roles.
· Local government discount schemes available to all employees with offers at local businesses along with various national brands.
· A commitment to work-life balance offering flexibility through various schemes including job sharing, home working, flexible working, part-year working, and compressed hours.
· Car Leasing Scheme.
Please visit: https://www.northumberland.gov.uk/About/Working-for-Northumberland-County-Council.aspx for more information regarding our benefits.
You will be supported by our friendly experienced team primarily based in our main office at Morpeth County Hall.
For further information about this vacancy, please contact Chris.Mead@northumberland.gov.uk for an informal discussion.
Please refer to the attached Job Description and Person Specification for a comprehensive list of duties and essential requirements. Please click here
To apply please click the Apply Now link below.