Highways and Flood Risk Technical Officer
At Lincolnshire County Council, we believe in influencing and delivering places where people want to live and work across the county, it is why we take a lead role providing advice and project managing new highways and improvement schemes.
We are now looking to recruit a suitable candidate to take on the post of Development Management Officer. This is an exciting opportunity to work in our Development Management Team providing a multi-disciplined approach in planning, project managing and delivery of new places across Lincolnshire.
About The Role
This post is critical in advising and delivering as both Highway Authority and Lead Local Flood Authority providing a customer focused single point of contact for all development services, and advice to a range of individuals, groups, and organisations on a number of activities and functions including:
- Project managing the adoption of new roads and highway improvements.
- Providing advice relating to Highways, Flood Risk and Sustainable Drainage to developers and authorities.
- Encouraging new developments to grow the local economy.
- Supporting and facilitating places where people will want to live and work.
- Building excellent relationships within the development industry.
- Working to challenging timescales.
- Having complex and contentious discussions requiring difficult negotiations.
- Representing the views of the council.
About The Team
This is a unique opportunity to join a growing and successful team which is friendly and welcoming, where we will support you so that you reach your full potential.
You will ideally be qualified to HNC, EngTech and/or Incorporated Engineer in a relevant discipline OR you can demonstrate an appropriate level of knowledge and skill for the role.
It is paramount that you have effective communication skills, which is essential to providing careful and considered responses.
A full candidate essential and desirable criterion can be found on the Job Description, which is attached to the advert on the LCC Jobs page.
Above all else you need to have a positive "can do" attitude and be passionate about ensuring Lincolnshire is the ideal place to live and work.
About Our Offer
Along with a competitive salary we are offering:
- A Contributory pension
- Comprehensive benefits package including excellent discount schemes and cycle to work
- Flexible working policies
- Career progression opportunities
- A generous annual leave entitlement plus the option to buy more
Further details can be found in our rewards and benefits brochure
If you would like an open and informal discussion regards this role, then please contact; Martin Nash via email email@example.com
PLEASE NOTE: It is imperative that your covering letter/personal statement clearly states why you have applied, how you meet the essential and desirable criteria for the role as set out in the Job Description (attached on LCC jobs Site) and what you feel you can bring to this role, the team, and the wider County Council.
To apply please click the Apply Now link below.