Traffic Regulation and Administration Officer
We are looking for a Traffic Regulation and Administration Officer to join the team and support us in delivering the parking service across Buckinghamshire.
An exciting opportunity has arisen within Parking Services, which forms part of the Highways & Technical Services department in Buckinghamshire Council. We have just integrated as one, on and off-street parking service providing an end to end delivery model from introduction of parking restrictions, enforcement, appeals service, and all back-office functions.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment, and who can provide excellent administrative support with a focus on the provision of parking services to our residents and visitors.
About the role
- Provide support and assistance and ensure that enquiries relating to proposed and pending parking restrictions are responded to.
- Ensure own knowledge and skills are kept up to date, including awareness of relevant legislation and Council policy, so that correspondence and enquiries are considered and responded to accurately and consistently.
- Assist the Senior Traffic Regulation Officer in consultations and the legal process in amending or introducing new parking restrictions, including monitoring and implementation of line and sign refresh to ensure Order is as accurate as possible.
- To provide support to the Senior Traffic Regulation Officer and others within Parking Services to ensure compliance with business plans, processes, and procedures.
As an 'any-desk' worker, you'll need to be connected to our network to access digital folders and resources, but this can either be from home or an office location when required. You will be required to work from the office a couple of times a week, depending on your role and team requirements*.
*subject to current Government Covid-19 Guidance
- You have a knowledge and a good understanding of parking services.
- You must be able to work flexibly to respond to service demand including carrying out site visits where required.
- You are customer-focused
- You must be resilient, and able to demonstrate the ability to deal with sensitive and difficult information.
- You must be able to demonstrate the ability to prioritise a varied and challenging workload.
- You will possess excellent communication skills and accurate attention to detail.
- You'll ideally have knowledge of digital parking systems.
- You promote self-development and are able to effectively manage priorities, often with conflicting demands.
The role is office based with the requirement to undertake site visits. Currently, the Council is offering a 40/60 working agreement, allowing three days a week to be worked from home where the role allows. This arrangement is under continuous review and is subject to the requirements of the business. This role is offered on a full-time basis of 37 hours per week.
Starting salary will be £24,563 per annum.
The closing date for all applications is 29 May 2022. The interview takes place on 7th June 2022.
We reserve the right to close the vacancy once we have received sufficient applications, so please be advised to submit your application as early as possible.
Our values and culture
We have a set of values, which our employees have chosen, that represent what we are - Proud, Ambitious, Collaborative and Trustworthy.
By joining Buckinghamshire Council, you can expect:
- a fair and inclusive culture
- the chance to really make a difference to those around you
- health and well-being initiatives including an Employee Assistance Programme, Mental Health First Aiders and mindfulness workshops
- a unified voice through our Employee Representative Group
- ongoing support, and the opportunity to develop and progress in your career with us
- opportunities to take part in fun activities such as fundraising and social events
At Buckinghamshire Council, we know that our biggest strength comes from the people that work for us, and that's why we're working hard to ensure we continue to be an accessible and inclusive organisation.
From dedicated staff networks overseen by our Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Steering Group, to proudly standing as a Disability Confident employer, it's important to us that all our colleagues feel engaged, listened to, and valued. Our offer of flexible working empowers a productive and happy workforce and allows employees to combine work with other responsibilities and commitments.
We believe our workforce should reflect the diverse communities we service in Buckinghamshire, and are looking for like-minded individuals to join us in promoting equality, fairness, and inclusion for everyone.
We recognise and reward you
Hard work and success deserves recognition. That's why we pride ourselves on the benefits we give our people. We actively encourage a good work-life balance and promote flexible and agile working arrangements. We provide discounts on various Cafés, restaurants, shops and auto enrolment onto our generous Pension Scheme. We also offer a salary sacrifice personal car lease scheme and the opportunity to gain membership to Costco. We have discounted gym memberships, Travel discounts with Arriva and Chiltern Railways and much more.
More searches like this
- Corporate Services Officer £25,000 - £29,999 Full time jobs in Buckinghamshire
- Administration Officer £25,000 - £29,999 Full time jobs in Buckinghamshire
- Environment Officer £25,000 - £29,999 Full time jobs in Buckinghamshire
- Parking Officer £25,000 - £29,999 Full time jobs in Buckinghamshire
- Public and Third sector Officer £25,000 - £29,999 Full time jobs in Buckinghamshire