Civil Enforcement Officer
An exciting opportunity has arisen within Parking Services, which forms part of the Highways & Technical Services department in Buckinghamshire Council. We are looking for full-time Civil Enforcement Officers (37 hours)
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working outdoors in all weather conditions, and who can provide excellent service in enforcement of The Traffic Management Acts 1984 and part 6 2004 with a focus on the provision of parking services to our residents and visitors.
About the role
To lead by example and be an ambassador of Buckinghamshire Council, promoting good relations with all members of the public and ensuring that the Council is represented professionally.
To patrol with efficiency on the allocated beat(s), providing coverage to areas of high traffic volume and across the car parks; and support a fair and consistent approach to parking enforcement by accurately serving Charge Notices in a timely and objective manner.
To assist with the provision of a fair and accessible parking service by responding to queries relating to all aspects of parking across the County including reporting car park maintenance requirements.
To support the Civil Parking Enforcement Supervisors to ensure efficient and effective management of the various processes and systems used by the parking service.
We have bases in Amersham, Aylesbury, and High Wycombe. This vacancy is predominantly for the Amersham base
Our 'on-the-go' roles mean you'll usually start and finish your day from a base, moving around between different locations throughout the day. You won't need a fixed desk to work from, but you'll have access to our network where you can keep up to date with admin and the latest staff updates.
- You have knowledge of parking services and experience working within an enforcement background.
- You are customer focused with good communication skills.
- You are resilient, and able to demonstrate the ability to deal with sensitive, difficult and sometimes aggressive situations.
- You can work flexibly to respond to service demand.
- You can input information accurately and pay attention to detail.
- You'll be used to walking between eight to ten miles a day and being on your feet for between seven to eight hours.
- You are keen to learn and promote self-development.
- You are caring and helpful.
This role is offered on a full-time basis of 37 hours per week.
Starting salary will be £22,332 per annumWe reserve the right to close the vacancy once we have received sufficient applications, so please be advised to submit your application as early as possible.
Our values and culture
We have a set of values, which our employees have chosen, that represent what we are - Proud, Ambitious, Collaborative and Trustworthy.
By joining Buckinghamshire Council, you can expect:
- a fair and inclusive culture
- the chance to really make a difference to those around you
- health and well-being initiatives including an Employee Assistance Programme, Mental Health First Aiders and mindfulness workshops
- a unified voice through our Employee Representative Group
- ongoing support, and the opportunity to develop and progress in your career with us
- opportunities to take part in fun activities such as fundraising and social events
At Buckinghamshire Council, we know that our biggest strength comes from the people that work for us, and that's why we're working hard to ensure we continue to be an accessible and inclusive organisation.
From dedicated staff networks overseen by our Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Steering Group, to proudly standing as a Disability Confident employer, it's important to us that all our colleagues feel engaged, listened to, and valued. Our offer of flexible working empowers a productive and happy workforce and allows employees to combine work with other responsibilities and commitments.
We believe our workforce should reflect the diverse communities we service in Buckinghamshire, and are looking for like-minded individuals to join us in promoting equality, fairness, and inclusion for everyone.
We recognise and reward you
Hard work and success deserves recognition. That's why we pride ourselves on the benefits we give our people. We actively encourage a good work-life balance and promote flexible and agile working arrangements. We provide discounts on various Cafés, restaurants, shops and auto enrolment onto our generous Pension Scheme. We also offer a salary sacrifice personal car lease scheme and the opportunity to gain membership to Costco. We have discounted gym memberships, Travel discounts with Arriva and Chiltern Railways and much more.
More searches like this
- Environment Officer £20,000 - £24,999 Full time jobs in Buckinghamshire
- Parking Officer £20,000 - £24,999 Full time jobs in Buckinghamshire
- Traffic Management Officer £20,000 - £24,999 Full time jobs in Buckinghamshire
- Public and Third sector Officer £20,000 - £24,999 Full time jobs in Buckinghamshire