Broxbourne is going through an unprecedented period of place-making change. The Council is leading on significant town centre regeneration, sustainable infrastructure, and major developments at Brookfield Riverside, Brookfield Garden Village and the Sunset Film Studios. We are looking for an experienced and exceptional Senior Highways Projects Manager to lead on a wide range of key place-making projects. You will:
- Manage the design and delivery of complex highway, regeneration, infrastructure and public realm projects
- Consult with all stakeholders and members of the public as appropriate
- Commission, manage and review studies and advice from external consultants
- Supervise the road adoption process, public rights of way maintenance, and the process of vehicle crossover applications
- Manage budgets, a Highways Engineer and an Apprentice
- Lead the process for Traffic Regulation Orders (TROs), parking places orders and disabled persons parking places orders.
You will need a current valid driving licence, a relevant engineering qualification and several years’ experience at a senior level managing highway and infrastructure projects. You must have a wide range of experience dealing with highways and traffic matters in a customer driven environment, and excellent organisational, time management and communication skills.
This post allows working flexibly, which may involve home, office or site working in accordance with the needs of the post and prevailing government guidelines. The ability to converse at ease with the public and provide advice in fluent English is essential.
We are committed to safer recruitment, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The benefits package includes generous leave entitlement, a full training and development programme, membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme and free membership to Council leisure centres, including free access to gyms, pools, fitness classes, racket sports, a health suite and more.
Broxbourne Council is an Equal Opportunities employer.
Details and application forms for all job vacancies are listed on the Council’s website.
Applications must be submitted online by midnight on 5 June 2022 (quoting the above reference).
How to apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CV’s submitted without a fully completed online application form.
Further information on this vacancy