Technical Support Officer
An exciting opportunity is available for a Technical Support Officer (we call it an Assistant Development Management Officer) to work within Lincolnshire County Councils Development Management team. To support the team in developing growth opportunities for developments across the county.
About The Role
Main duties of the role will include:
- Assisting with the provision of pre-application advice to developers on highways and surface water drainage issues promoting a development team approach;
- Supporting team members to provide timely responses to planning consultations for proposed developments on highways and surface water drainage issues;
- Assisting in the assessment and checking of APC and S38's (Highways Act 1980), S106 (Town and Country Planning Act 1990) and S278 (Highways Act 1980) Agreements with developers;
- Carrying out technical support work for the Development Management team, including Highway Authority responses to planning applications and planning application decision notices utilizing computer systems.
We are looking for an organised, reliable and enthusiastic person to provide technical assistance and support to a busy dynamic team, delivering commissioning development management advice and services relating to highway: impact, improvement and adoptions, together with providing flood risk and sustainable drainage advice.
About The Offer
We will help you to learn new skills, encourage your development and work with you to develop your potential; including the opportunity to undertake further qualifications. All of this within a friendly and welcoming team environment where we all work together to achieve positive outcomes.
Along with a competitive salary we are offering;
- A Contributory pension
- Comprehensive benefits package including excellent discount schemes and cycle to work
- Flexible working policies
- Career progression opportunities
- A generous annual leave entitlement plus the option to buy more
Further details can be found in our rewards and benefits brochure
If you would like an open and informal discussion regards this role then please contact; Sarah Heslam via email firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply please click the Apply Now link below.