Public Transport Operations Controller
1 day left
- Contract Type
- Full time
Lincolnshire County Council's Transports Services Group (TSG) has an excellent position available for a Public Transport Operations Controller (Internally referred to as: Senior Matrix Controller). To aid in the delivery of our award winning public transport services.
About The Role
As a Matrix Controller you will be required to assist in the management, delivery and co-ordination of the Matrix Transport Operations Centre. You will provide and oversee the core on the day scheduling along with dispatch and emergency service for demand responsive bus services (CallConnect) in Lincolnshire and beyond.
The indicative working hours for these roles will be:
- Monday –08:00-17:00
- Tuesday – 07:00-16:30**
- Wednesday – 07:00-16:30**
- Thursday – Day Off
- Friday –08:30-18:30
- Saturday – 07:30-16:00(1 in 3)
Please note: We require the post holder to be flexible with working hours and the service may operate on Sundays and Bank Holidays in the future.
**At least two working days each week will need to be worked from the Lincoln Office.
Our Ideal candidate will possess the following;
- Have in depth knowledge of customer care and transport issues.
- Excellent geographical knowledge of Lincolnshire.
- Knowledge of transport logistics and/or scheduling of demand responsive transport services.
- Experience of dealing with confidential and sensitive issues within a busy operational environment.
- Planning and organisational skills with ability to work under pressure and capable of effectively prioritising tasks.
- Written and verbal communication skills and able to liaise with a wide range of contacts, demonstrating excellent customer care, diplomacy and empathy with service users.
- Hold or be working towards the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (CILT) Certificate or equivalent suitable level of Qualification/Experience.
About The Team
As a winner of several national awards, we have demonstrated that Lincolnshire is at the leading edge in addressing rural transport problems. We require your help to manage and deliver a key part of this work and to assist with innovative projects.
Along with a competitive salary we are offering;
- A Contributory pension
- Comprehensive benefits package including excellent discount schemes and cycle to work
- Flexible working policies
- Career progression opportunities
- A generous annual leave entitlement plus the option to buy more
Further details can be found in our rewards and benefits brochure
If you would like an open and informal discussion regards this role then please contact; Sam Heron via email firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply please click the Apply Now link below.