Public Transport Assistant
We are looking for dynamic, friendly, customer service focused individuals to join Transport Services Group (TSG) as a Public Transport Assistant (Internally referred to as: Matrix Transport Assistant). To aid in the delivery of our award winning public transport services.
About The Role
The successful candidate will be required to schedule demand responsive (dial a bus) services in the Lincolnshire and East Midlands areas.
This will require the post holder to accurately process journey requests from service users and using a computerised booking and scheduling system, effectively schedule our fleet of vehicles. You will also provide advice on the full range of public and community transport solutions available and assist with general passenger transport activity including concessionary bus pass administration and support with promotional events.
You will join our friendly customer focused team of staff, who will support you through your on-boarding and learning journey.
Shift Patterns run between 08:00 to 18:30 (circa 8.5 – 9 hours). You will be required to work 1 in 4/5 Saturdays.
Our Ideal candidate will possess the following;
- Have experience of working within a service driven environment with excellent customer service skills.
- Possess a high standard of verbal communication skills and well developed interpersonal skills are required.
- This includes dealing with routine information, where tact or persuasive skills are needed, occasionally dealing with complex or sensitive information.
- Work to a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Have the ability to write simple reports and utilise a PC/information technology.
- Be flexible with working hours when required due to operational demand.
About The Team
The team provide a well-regarded service, with high levels of customer satisfaction coupled with excellent job satisfaction, from knowing that you are aiding residents of Lincolnshire to be independent and access sometimes vital services.
As a winner of several national awards, we have demonstrated that Lincolnshire is at the leading edge in addressing rural transport problems. We require your help to manage and deliver a key part of this work and to assist with innovative projects.
Along with a competitive salary we are offering;
- A Contributory pension
- Comprehensive benefits package including excellent discount schemes and cycle to work
- Flexible working policies
- Career progression opportunities
- A generous annual leave entitlement plus the option to buy more
Further details can be found in our rewards and benefits brochure
If you would like an open and informal discussion regards this role then please contact either;
To apply please click the Apply Now link below.