The Asset Management and Maintenance Service is responsible for providing a responsive, cyclical, empty property and improvements service to around 28,000 council house properties.
An opportunity has arisen for the recruitment of a Warehouse Assistant / Driver.
The successful applicants will work as part of a team in a busy work environment to carry out warehouse and driver related tasks including material delivery and waste collections. This will involve a high percentage of manual handling tasks. The successful applicants will be required to meet strict performance deadlines with a can-do attitude, to ensure we deliver a value for money supplies and waste collection service, along with being customer focused.
You will be expected to demonstrate:
- You possess the skills for the job
- You are customer focused
- You are conversant with mobile technology
The post holder must possess:
- Level 1 in Numeracy and Literacy or equivalent
- A full LGV licence (class CE, C1E, C1 and C)
- An up to date CPC (certificate of professional competence)
- HIAB trained with up to date certification would be preferred, training will be given after commencing employment if needed.
Consideration will be given to applicants who do not possess a class C LGV driving license but can drive vehicles up to 7.5T. Successful applicants who do not possess a class C LGV license will be required to undertake and pass this test within 12 months and will be on a 2 year fixed term contract until successfully attained (this will be funded by SMBC with conditions attached).
Please note that qualifications listed as a requirement must be produced at interview should you be invited to attend).
Any successful applicants who subsequently leave within three years of appointment will be required to pay back the costs of any training/tests, etc for HGV license if applicable.
We particularly welcome applications from women, ethnic minorities and people with disabilities as they are currently under represented.
Previous applicants need not to apply.
Our Values; Trust, Unity and Progress make us unique, they define how we do things and are reflected in the way we behave. They are important to us, guiding and shaping our organisational culture. Our values are key to us achieving Sandwell’s Vision 2030 and also guide us when we recruit.
37 hours per week
We reserve the right to close vacancies prior to their advertised date if we receive a large number of applications. Therefore, you are strongly advised to complete and return your application as soon as possible. When completing your application please refer to the supporting documents attached.
If you have a disability and require assistance in making an application, or have experienced a problem whilst applying for a position, please contact the Resourcing Team on 0121 569 3300 or via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply please click the Apply Now link below.
More searches like this
- Corporate Services Operative £20,000 - £24,999 Full time jobs in West Midlands
- Customer Services Operative £20,000 - £24,999 Full time jobs in West Midlands
- Environment Operative £20,000 - £24,999 Full time jobs in West Midlands
- Waste Management Operative £20,000 - £24,999 Full time jobs in West Midlands