Senior Engineer (Capital Projects)
Medway Council Capital Projects Team are responsible for designing and supervising new projects within Medway. We are seeking to recruit the role of Senior Engineer within Capital Projects, who will be required to produce high quality, innovative and safe scheme designs and supervise construction.
The post-holder will be required to have highway engineering expertise in order to contribute to efficient and effective provision of engineering services. To undertake network/traffic management functions, studies, designs and works in relation to the service provided to support engineering policies and procedures. Deliver work programmes, financial reports, project reports, develop and appraise projects and monitor the performance of schemes to ensure services are provided at the highest level. To work towards the continual improvement of the team and perform other duties as defined by the needs of the service.
It is essential for the post-holder to have extensive AutoCAD experience and a full driving licence which can be used for work purposes.
In return we offer you:
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Generous local government pension scheme package
- Access to wider training and development qualifications
- Flexible working scheme
- Travel plan discounts
- Car Benefit Scheme from Tusker
- Access to CAREFIRST advice & counselling service
- Employee discount scheme for national and local retailers
- The Government has introduced new ways of supporting parents with childcare costs. Further details are available here: - https://www.childcarechoices.gov.uk/
Medway is a unitary authority in the South East of England, made up of the towns of Strood, Rochester, Chatham, Gillingham and Rainham and more rural areas, including the Hoo Peninsula.
Situated in Kent in the South-East of England, the area has plenty of green spaces, excellent facilities and easy access to the national motorway and rail networks, facilitating superb transport links to London.
We provide all local Government services for a quarter of a million people, looking after education, environment, social care, housing, planning, business and much more - everything from frontline services such as rubbish collection and events like the Dickens Festival to work that goes on behind the scenes to ensure services in Medway run smoothly and cost effectively.
Working at Medway Council means that you get to be part of this journey working alongside talented, professional colleagues to drive forward change to transform the lives of our residents and the communities they live in.
If you would like to have an informal discussion with the recruiting manager please call Lisa Molloy on 01634 331305
Interviews are likely to be held virtually via Microsoft Teams. Full details on how this will work will be sent to you, if your application is successfully shortlisted.
More searches like this
- Environment Engineer £40,000 - £49,999 Full time jobs in Rochester
- Environmental Health Engineer £40,000 - £49,999 Full time jobs in Rochester
- Environmental Management Engineer £40,000 - £49,999 Full time jobs in Rochester
- Highways Engineer £40,000 - £49,999 Full time jobs in Rochester
- Traffic Management Engineer £40,000 - £49,999 Full time jobs in Rochester