Fixed Term Position (until March 2024)
Local Resilience Forums have a crucial role to play in preparing for, responding to and recovering from a wide variety of potential emergencies. These emergencies range from flooding and severe weather to Animal Disease and Pandemic Flu outbreaks. To discharge this legal responsibility, emergency services, local authorities, health agencies and a range of other partners work together as Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland (LLR) Prepared.
The Local Resilience Forum Resilience Officers will play a pivotal role in working closely with partners fulfil the requirements of the Civil Contingences Act by undertaking risk assessment; ensuring that effective plans are in place for all types of emergencies and that high quality training and exercising is designed and delivered. They also have a key role to play in supporting the LRFs response to emergencies.
- Degree or Diploma in Emergency Planning / Disaster Management or demonstrable experience of contingency planning / crisis management / emergency incident response.
- Demonstrate experience in the development and production of contingency / emergency plans.
- Demonstrate experience of engaging and working with a range of organisations to achieve shared objectives.
- Demonstrate experience in the production of comprehensive training and exercise materials.
Please see the Job Description / Person Specification which are attached further down on this page.
For informal enquiries, please contact the recruiting manager, Andrew Murr via Andrew.Murr@leics.gov.uk or 0116 305 6280.
We particularly welcome applicants from black, minority, ethnic (BME) communities, disabled people and lesbian, gay, bisexual and trans (LGBT) communities, as they are currently under represented within our workforce.
For further information about working for Leicestershire County Council, please click here.
If you have any technical issues completing your application form please contact https://emss.freshdesk.com/support/home
Further information for this job
To apply please click the Apply Now link below.
More searches like this
- Environment Officer £25,000 - £29,999 Full time jobs in Leicestershire
- Environmental Health Officer £25,000 - £29,999 Full time jobs in Leicestershire
- Environmental Management Officer £25,000 - £29,999 Full time jobs in Leicestershire
- Flood and Coastal Protection Officer £25,000 - £29,999 Full time jobs in Leicestershire