Engineer Structures and Bridges
Lincolnshire County Council has an exciting position available for an Engineer within the Structures Team of Technical Services Partnership. TSP is the County Council's preferred supplier for highway design services and is based at Lancaster House in Lincoln but offers the chance of a balanced lifestyle with some time working from home, office and out on site.
About The Role
We are responsible for the design, inspection, maintenance and management of all Highway owned bridges, culverts and retaining walls within the county.
This is a Career Grade post which spans several salary grades dependent on experience and qualifications (see below and refer to Job Descriptions);
- Assistant Technician (post ref. 02578)
- Technician (post ref. 02575)
- Senior Technician (post ref. 02576)
- Assistant Engineer (post ref. 02573)
- Engineer (post ref. 02574)
- Job Description Assistant Engineer Grade 8.pdf
- Job Description Assistant Technician Grade 3.pdf
- Job Description Engineer Grade 9.pdf
- Job Description Senior Technician Grade 7.pdf
- Job Description Technician Grade 5.pdf
The post is open to both experienced engineering staff and also to beginners who would like to embark on a career in Civil Engineering. Applicants should indicate to which Grade they are applying based on the job description requirements for the different levels.
Beginners will be offered the opportunity of appointment on an apprenticeship scheme which will lead to academic and professional qualification.
As this is a career grade role where we would be interested in speaking with candidates at various levels of their careers, we strongly advise that you review the separate Job Descriptions (attached on the LCC Jobs Page) and the person specifications within those for our requirements at different levels.
However, for all levels we require candidates that;
- Are committed to their work.
- Can show tenacity.
- Have excellent communication skills.
- Are logical thinkers, that can think “outside the box”.
- Can uphold the values of Lincolnshire County Council.
About The Team
The Structures Team consists of 10 engineering staff. This is an excellent opportunity to join a busy forward thinking team and be involved with works across the county.
About Our Offer
We care about our staff, It's important to us that you have an excellent work/life balance and the opportunity to further develop your knowledge and skills in a supportive Local Authority setting.
Along with a competitive salary of £18,887 - £36,371 (dependent on experience and qualifications) we are offering;
- A Contributory pension
- Comprehensive benefits package including excellent discount schemes and cycle to work
- Flexible working policies
- Career progression opportunities
- A generous annual leave entitlement plus the option to buy more
Further details can be found in our rewards and benefits brochure
If you would like an open and informal discussion regards this role then please contact; Richard Waters via email firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE NOTE: It is imperative that your covering letter/personal statement clearly states why you have applied, how you meet the essential and desirable criteria for the role as set out in the Job Description (attached on LCC jobs Site) and what you feel you can bring to this role, the team and the wider County Council.
Applications Close on 23/05/2022 and interviews will be held 31/05/2022.
A Smarter Working Employer
We have embraced new ways of working and hybrid working between home and work will be a feature of this role. You will be given a nominated contractual work base and you will be required to commute to this work base when necessary. Working arrangements including regularity of home and office working will be discussed as part of the appointment process.
Our technology platform and equipment is very good enabling you to connect and collaborate remotely. We require that you have in place good connectivity, and we will discuss during the recruitment process if support with this is needed.
Please be advised that this position may be subject to a criminal record check.
All candidates are advised to read the attached job information pack prior to making an application.
On occasion we receive significantly more applications than expected for some vacancies and under such circumstances we reserve the right to bring forward the closing date of the advertisement. We therefore strongly advise you to apply for the role promptly to avoid disappointment should the closing date be brought forward.
We operate a talent pool scheme whereby candidates who are not successful on this occasion may be considered for a period of up to 3 months for equal positions.
Lincolnshire County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
More searches like this
- Environment Engineer £30,000 - £39,999 Full time jobs in Lincoln
- Bridges Engineer £30,000 - £39,999 Full time jobs in Lincoln
- Environmental Health Engineer £30,000 - £39,999 Full time jobs in Lincoln
- Environmental Management Engineer £30,000 - £39,999 Full time jobs in Lincoln
- Highways Engineer £30,000 - £39,999 Full time jobs in Lincoln