Director (Adult Services and Wellbeing)
Our Vision 2024 for Calderdale is simple, we want our residents to lead their largest life possible, and our place to be characterised by five words that define who we are - KINDNESS, RESILIENCE, ENTERPRISING, TALENTED and DISTINCTIVE.
Our current Director of Adult Services and Wellbeing is retiring this summer having played a fundamental role in delivering on our vision, leading a high performing directorate featured in the top 10 most effective Councils for adult social care by Impower, with strong political support and investment in core services. We are now looking for an inspiring system leader who can take us to the next level through our delivery model, Calderdale Cares, in the context of our recovery from the Covid-19 pandemic.
You will have an opportunity to:
- Work alongside the Chief Executive/CCG Accountable Officer to shape our new Place based health and care arrangements working to the Integrated Care Board of the West Yorkshire - Health and Care Partnership, which is the current HSJ ICS of the Year
- Consolidate our asset based practice, rooted in community power and the lived experience of those who use our services, in a way that puts people at the heart of the care and support journey
- Collaborate with our social care providers market to support sustainability, ensure effective commissioning and build on the mature relationships in place
- Work with our Safeguarding Adults Board to address significant harm and implement the findings of our ‘Burnt Bridges’ report on severe and multiple disadvantage
- Work with our partners as a corporate and system leader in health, housing and the voluntary and community sector to deliver on our commitment to reduce inequalities and develop innovative practice
What we need from you is drive, passion, a strong sense of the importance of place and an ability to remain focused on outcomes for individuals and families in Calderdale.
The successful candidate will hold the statutory function of Director of Adult Social Services.
Applications will be considered from proven leaders who can demonstrate an experience of working in a relevant area as well as developing local partnerships. A relevant Degree is essential.
For a conversation about this role please speak to Andrew Tromans (Andrew.firstname.lastname@example.org/ 07805226301) who is working with us on this role.
To apply please click the Apply Now link below.