Mechanic Light/Heavy Vehicle & Plant Technician
To service and repair of vehicles and plant in a safe, efficient and economic manner employing such skills and knowledge as may be required with due regard to current Technical and Health & Safety legislation
• To drive and manoeuvre motor vehicles and plant as necessary, recovering defective or damaged vehicles, carrying out the full range of technical checks and diagnostic tests required for light & heavy goods, and passenger transport vehicles.
• To observe, recognise and report on mechanical and electrical vehicle, component, or systems defects, or impending failure, assessing, recording and/or costing the repair (as appropriate).
• To carry out routine inspections, service and MOT of all vehicles and selected plant in the LCC fleet according to the schedules issued by the Workshop Manager, and in accordance with prescribed quality standards, utilising specialist services as required.
• To examine vehicles, reporting verbally or in writing, (as dictated by the Senior Mechanic/Workshop Manager) upon the condition, roadworthiness and safety.
• To carry out both mechanical and electrical repairs and/or adjustments as required, under the instruction of the Senior Mechanic/Workshop Manager to the prescribed quality standards.
Please see the Job Description / Person Specification which are attached further down on this page
To apply please click the Apply Now link below.