Housing Management Officer
The Housing Management Services within the City of York Council have some exciting opportunities that have arisen; for Housing Management Officers.
About the role;
As a Housing Management Officer you will work as part of an area as well as city wide team in managing a patch of council housing, making a positive difference to the lives of our tenants and communities.
The role involves all aspects of housing management, including tenancy sign ups and management, rent and arrears collection, anti-social behaviour, homeless prevention, financial inclusion and community development. This will include the ability to work closely with a diverse range of partner agencies.
Key skills and experience required;
Do not be put off from applying if you have not worked in housing management before.
Above all in this role we are looking for applicants with;
- A can do and positive attitude, that are hardworking and able to demonstrate creativity.
- Drive, determination and flexibility to adapt and deliver continual improvements for your tenants and communities.
- Effective communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills to enable you to resolve conflict and find solutions to complex issues across a range of partners, customers (some of whom may be vulnerable), and stakeholders.
- Effective customer service skills that will be allow you to get to the crux of issues and deal with them sensitively, professionally and courteously.
- Excellent IT skills and have the ability to work on your own initiative as well as working well as part of a team is essential.
The Council is highly committed to investing in the talent and wellbeing of our staff and can offer a generous annual leave allowance, access to the Local Government Pension Scheme, comprehensive Health & Wellbeing initiatives and a reward package which recognises your contribution. We can offer flexible working practices, community engagement and volunteer activities and, as part of our commitment to you, promote continuous Learning & Development. In addition we also offer a growing range of discounts, rewards and savings.
At the moment due to the impact of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, some of our staff are working remotely from home but a return to a combination of working remotely and physically from the Council’s offices is anticipated in the near future.
As a new starter, your contractual location will be the designated council office for your team. Your working arrangements will vary according to your service and role, and the current Government guidance. For many roles, there will be more opportunities in the future for remote and hybrid working. However, this comes with the expectation that, as workplaces open up, there is likely to be an ongoing and occasional requirement to attend the workplace.
City of York Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment. We require the successful candidate to undertake an enhanced Criminal Record check via the Disclosure and Barring Service.
As this role is public facing, applicants will need to demonstrate, at interview, their competency to converse and provide advice and guidance to members of the public, in spoken English to CEFR level C2: Can express him/herself spontaneously at length with a natural conversational flow, avoiding or backtracking around any difficulty so smoothly that the person with whom they are conversing is hardly aware of it.
Closing date: 10 February 2022 at 12 midnight
Interview date: Tues 22-23 February 2022
More searches like this
- Regeneration and Local Economies Officer £25,000 - £29,999 Full time jobs in York
- Planning Officer £25,000 - £29,999 Full time jobs in York
- Regeneration Officer £25,000 - £29,999 Full time jobs in York
- Rural Development Officer £25,000 - £29,999 Full time jobs in York
- Housing Officer £25,000 - £29,999 Full time jobs in York