We are looking to appoint a committed and enthusiastic person to this challenging post within Sandwell Libraries and Archives.
Supporting and working in partnership with the Senior Supervisor and the Library Manager, the person appointed will work as part of a team providing efficient and effective library and information services with a high standard of customer care, deputising for the Senior Supervisor in their absence.
You will be responsible for co-ordinating and supervising the work of the Customer Service Officers and Assistants, with specific responsibility for all day-to-day staffing issues, ensuring the effective use of staff time and the day to day running of the building. You will also undertake and be responsible for all tasks associated with direct service delivery, the presentation of services and all administrative routines and procedures.
- A recognised library or customer service qualification (eg City and Guilds Certificate, NVQ Level 2/3 in Customer Care)
- OR be working towards OR equivalent skills and experience
- At least two years’ experience of providing direct services to the public
- Experience of co-operating with others as part of a team
- Experience of working with adults and children
- Ability to use Microsoft packages
- Ability to plan day to day activities and co-ordinate workloads for self and other staff to meet deadlines and deliver services effectively.
Our Values; Trust, Unity and Progress make us unique, they define how we do things and are reflected in the way we behave. They are important to us, guiding and shaping our organisational culture. Our values are key to us achieving Sandwell’s Vision 2030 and also guide us when we recruit.
25 hours per week (to include up to 6 hours on Saturdays)
For an informal discussion, please contact Jean Fenn on 07768988033 firstname.lastname@example.org
We reserve the right to close vacancies prior to their advertised date if we receive a large number of applications. Therefore, you are strongly advised to complete and return your application as soon as possible. When completing your application please refer to the supporting documents attached.
If you have a disability and require assistance in making an application, or have experienced a problem whilst applying for a position, please contact the Resourcing Team on 0121 569 3300 or via e-mail to: email@example.com