Senior Engineer- Highways
Are you looking for an opportunity to work as an Engineer and make a difference within Kirklees, whilst still being able to develop your career and have a good work-life balance?
Kirklees is attracting a significant level of investment into the district, so our Highways Service is also growing to reflect the increase in investment.
As a Senior Engineer, you will be responsible for providing effective engineering and technical services in many highway related disciplines, while supervising and supporting a small team of staff. We have a vast number of roles available in many different areas of the service.
We are looking for individuals who:
- Hold HNC/HND or level 4 qualification or above in civil engineering or related discipline or proven ability to work at that level.
- Have experience of design and /or leading in the identification and organisation of all resources required for work.
- Have experience in prioritising and co-ordinating designs, evaluations, procurement processes, site inspections, training/initiatives, research, and providing recommendations.
- Have project management knowledge and experience.
- Have experience of supervision and management of others and knowledge and experience of providing basic advice and guidance on Human Resources issues.
- Have experience of presenting information in formats suitable for a variety of audiences.
- Demonstrate an ability to work on your own initiative with minimal supervision with good team working skills.
- Can use IT systems and software including, Microsoft Office, AutoCAD, Key System, Civil 3D (for Highway Design) and MicroDrainage (for Highway Design and Drainage), etc.
- Can respond to Councillors operational requests impartially & confidentially.
- Hold a full and valid driving licence and be willing to undertake a Kirklees Council driving assessment and travel between sites using a Council vehicle
If you are interested in a very varied role which gives you the opportunity to use your knowledge and experience to contribute the ever-growing Highways Service in Kirklees, please apply below!
Please see the attached Context Sheet for more information about the roles we have available. You will be asked to outline which ones you are interested in during the application process.
30 January 2022, 11:55 PM
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable adults and children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
More searches like this
- Environment Engineer £30,000 - £39,999 Full time jobs in Huddersfield
- Environmental Management Engineer £30,000 - £39,999 Full time jobs in Huddersfield
- Highways Engineer £30,000 - £39,999 Full time jobs in Huddersfield
- Traffic Management Engineer £30,000 - £39,999 Full time jobs in Huddersfield
- Transport Planning Engineer £30,000 - £39,999 Full time jobs in Huddersfield