We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic individual as a support officer to our very fast paced environment within HR Transactional Services in-house Templink agency service.
If you always strive to be the best you can be, whilst keeping the customer at the centre of everything you do, then we want to hear from you.
The successful candidate will:
- Be responsible for recruiting, registering, screening, processing pre-employment clearances and placing suitable temporary workers in accordance to Agency Worker Legislation
- Work flexibly within the team handling temporary worker requests from clients in a timely and effective manner to provide an efficient service
- Be required to handle enquiries from a range of audiences, as well as organising and maintaining accurate employee records
- Have responsibility of maintaining worker placements to include confirmation to clients and workers, manage length of placements and maintain applicable rates of pay
- Be required to assist in payment of weekly external agency invoices
- Assist in arranging training for workers as required by our clients
You will need to include in your supporting information how you meet the criteria on the personnel specification as well as:
- Demonstrate your knowledge, skills and experience of working in a busy transactional HR environment, particularly within the area of recruitment and selection
- Experience of processing pre-employment and ongoing clearance checks
- Show how you deliver excellent customer service to a variety of customers/stakeholders, as well as handling and resolving complaints and dealing with difficult customers or situations
- Demonstrate effective communication skills both verbally and in writing
- Have good administration skills, be well organised and show the ability to work independently with good attention to detail
- Show how you prioritise tasks and manage your time effectively to meet deadlines.
- Have the ability to use a range of ICT systems including Microsoft Office, Oracle Applications, Talentlink and Ebulk.
- Demonstrate your commitment to continuous professional development
- Show how you work as part of a team, as well as demonstrating the ability to work effectively when unsupervised
Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge of agency worker regulations
- Knowledge of Local government pay and grading
- Sandwell MBC I-procurement
- Educated to Level 3 or equivalent in a relevant subject
For an informal discussion, please contact Dawn Addis, HR Delivery Manager via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Values; Trust, Unity and Progress make us unique, they define how we do things and are reflected in the way we behave. They are important to us, guiding and shaping our organisational culture. Our values are key to us achieving Sandwell’s Vision 2030 and also guide us when we recruit.
37 hours per week
We reserve the right to close vacancies prior to their advertised date if we receive a large number of applications. Therefore, you are strongly advised to complete and return your application as soon as possible. When completing your application please refer to the supporting documents attached.
If you have a disability and require assistance in making an application, or have experienced a problem whilst applying for a position, please contact the Resourcing Team on 0121 569 3300 or via e-mail to: email@example.com