Principal Transport Planner
Full Time (permanent contract)
We are looking for an experienced transport planner to lead crucial sections of the Transport Strategy Group’s work.
We need fantastic people to lead our overall strategy development and to shape our approach to specific areas of policy, including: walking, cycling, public transport, parking and low emission vehicles.
In June 2019 the Council set an ambitious target to reach net zero carbon emissions by 2030 - 20 years ahead of the national target. The Royal Borough is developing a highly ambitious vision for transport. An attractive, accessible, healthy and sustainable transport network will help make Royal Greenwich a brilliant place to live, work and play – opening up the great opportunities it offers to all of its residents.
The Royal Borough has a track record of delivering great transport investments. With ambitious targets and some big challenges, we need knowledgeable, experienced, and enthusiastic transport planning experts to help us deliver our objectives.
This role is at the centre of our efforts to create an active, attractive, accessible, healthy and sustainable transport network for Royal Greenwich. You will be responsible for shaping key elements of the Royal Borough’s approach to transport and the programmes that deliver it.
- Producing strategies for Royal Greenwich, including its Local Implementation Plan, a borough-wide transport strategy, and plans for key transport issues and places.
- Identifying priorities for encouraging walking and cycling.
- Developing and building the business case for solutions to these priorities.
- Leading the development of funding bids, feasibility work and engagement on transformational transport projects.
- Providing leadership to the people working with you.
We are looking for someone experienced in:
- Developing transport policies, strategies, programmes and feasibility studies.
- Identifying walking, cycling and public transport priorities.
- Commissioning and scrutinising technical analyses, forecasts and design proposals.
- Preparing successful bids for external funding.
- Engaging with a wide range of partners and stakeholders: working collaboratively with other bodies; and representing an organisation in formal settings.
- Delivering successful and meaningful consultations.
- Analysing complex data and communicating your conclusions to different audiences (in writing and in person).
The job description and person specification for the role are attached. If you've got the skills we are looking for, we would love to hear from you.
For an informal discussion about this opportunity, please contact Greg Slawson at our recruitment partner Penna; firstname.lastname@example.org 07873 621123
If you require any assistance in viewing or accessing this opportunity, please contact email@example.com or call 020-8921-8977
Diversity Statement: Royal Borough of Greenwich values the diversity of its community and aims to have a workforce that reflects this. We therefore encourage applications from all sections of the community.
High Volume Applications: Royal Borough of Greenwich reserves the right to close any vacancy earlier than the advertised closing date should there be a high volume of applications received.
Advert Close: All vacancies close at midnight unless otherwise stated.
Interview Arrangements: During this time, our priority for all of our recruitment activity is to make sure our applicants, hiring departments and new starters are informed, safe and supported. Careful and thorough consideration will be given to interview arrangements and for any essential in-person recruitment, we will ensure this is held in a suitable, secure setting with additional arrangements to ensure any current safety requirements are fully adhered to.
Salary: Salaries advertised are for a standard working week of 35 hours unless otherwise stated. Please use this 'Salary Calculator to help you calculate a pro rata salary.
Interim Working Arrangements: As we review our ways of working, there may be interim working arrangements in place for some of our roles and some roles may still require full or partial essential office attendance. As restrictions ease, alternative working arrangements may be required - please be mindful of this and note the workplace location stated on this advert.
Our Staff Values: Our Staff Values are important to us. Candidates will be continuously assessed against our staff values throughout the recruitment process. Where candidates demonstrate views and behaviours that do not meet the standards of our staff values, we reserve the right to reject their application/ registration.